Signing day same time as job interview help please

Options
Sorry did also post this in the benefits thread, think this would be the right place to post on here.;)

Hi folks

Have some great news, hubby has a job interview tomorrow, so fingers crossed, its an opportunity not to me missed, and he will give it his best shot, money not bad either considering with the current climate, and he will drive approx 12 - 15 miles away, well worth it though.

Now my question is that he would be also signing on at 12:45 tomorrow (Thursday), and the interview is at 11am, okay it should be okay and hopefully he will be back in time to sign on, but giving with how long the interview will take, in case of any tests as well, and travelling, as its all busy hectic route roads, should he contact the job centre to make them aware of the interview?, give the telephone number of the company and say he "may" be a little late for his signing?
Like I said though he should be back but always best to be prepared just in case.

Thanks folks, I'm all excited and hope he gets this job, so please wish my hubby all the luck in the world, cheers so much
The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D

Comments

• nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    Tell him to inform the jobcentre the time of his interview beforehand and explain the situation.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much, appreciated.;)
  • Perr
    Perr Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    You must ring the JC today and tell them dont just hope he will be back in time they will change his time or day to sign on. If you do not inform them it could delay the payment of his JSA.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Just to echo what the above poster says. They will probably ask him to sign on next day as you do not know what time interview will finish.
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi there

Thanks for you responses as above.
    Very grateful.

There is a strong chance he will be back in plenty of time, but always best to make them aware just in case.

He have just rang them now and someone is calling back to take details of the interview, where and when with contact details.

Cheers so much.:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi folks

Just to let you know that the Job centre have pushed the signing time a little later, and they also suggested my hubby to claim for travel expenses, as its out of the area of abour 12 miles (all new to us this), and they will of course contact the company to make sure he attends, which is fair enough.;)

Will let you know how he gets on and many thanks again for all your replies.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport