Made redundant, contract working?

Options
nikko2
nikko2 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all, i was made redundant last Monday (8th June) and as the company i worked for went insolvant i recieved no pay but i can claim this back. Went to sign on as soon as i left work, this takes time to process the claim so no money from them either so down to looking for work.

I uploaded my CV to Jobsite not knowing if anything would come of it but this morning i recieved a phone call from and employment agency saying that they had a local vacency in my field of work and that they had found my CV on jobsite. The vacency is only temporary for 2 months and is 'contract' working.

I have always worked as an employee and had never heard of this but the agency explained that i set up a company or use a service provded by an agency that sets companys up for you.

I told the agency that i was interested as some work is better than no work but i need to find out more about contract working so i am more prepared if i get an interview and less likely to get the wool pulled over my eyes (forwarned is forarmed).

Anyone had experience of contract working or know of any resources for contract workers to read up on?

Cheers,

Nick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family