starting from today my debt free plan

Options
hi all just wanted to post my debt free diary i have planned to throw spare money i have accumalated from money saving ideas. i wil list my debt from today and then every month on the same day. i plan to be debt free in 36 months excluding my mortgage and on that day i will start over paying on my mortgage, fingers crossed i complete my first hurdle, because debt has been a big headache in my life for as long as i can remember.
12th june 2009
overdraft 3709.15
credit card 3484.63
loan 15177
total exc. mortgage = 22370.78
i have the majority of my cc debt on 0% balance transfer for 14 months so i intend to clear my overdraft first and the remaining cc balance on my other card. then i will tackle the remainder of my cc debt on the new card by dividing the months left on my 0% deal by the balance, i am hoping to have no cc debt by july 2010. any suggestions and support would be much appreciated, i have real energy and determination atm. and hope i still do in the coming months thanks in advance.
paul
cc1 5429
cc2 3052
loan 10127
mort 92061
total 10671

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Paul. A very big DFW Welcome :hello:

You sound very positive and ready to go. Do you know what got you in to debt in the first place? Have you tracked down what you were overspending on?

Have you done a financial statement of affairs and set a new budget? If not this is a good format to make sure you have remembered everything. http://www.makesenseofcards.com/soacalc.html

If you'd like advice on how you can get things cheaper or where to cut back you can always post the SOA on here -we are always willing to offer advice where we can.

Good luck for reaching your goal. You could put your starting debt in your signature (under User CP) so you can watch the amount reducing.

Welcome again
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills