🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Employment History for FTB Mortgage

Options
Hi,

I was just wondering what most mortgage lenders require in terms of employment history. I have one going back a while (prior to a month ago though it was up and down as I was casual, but never less than about £600 a month) but I have only been in my current, OK paid job for a month. Is the 6 months that most people ask for in one job or in total? I am looking for a smallish 55% mortgage to fund the purchase of a newly built apartment.

Cheers,

Jack
Littlewoods catalogue - won back charges of £300 by default.

All opinion/help/interpretation is given totally impartially and is not intended to be taken as financial advice in any way, all final decisions must be your own. Good luck!:beer:

Comments

• beecher
    beecher Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    Is it a permanent contract and do you have a period of probation?
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Northern Rock asked us for 3 months payslips, the last P60 + 3 months of bank statements.
    165721 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    beecher wrote: »
    Is it a permanent contract and do you have a period of probation?

Unfortunately I will never have a permanent contract in my line of work (1 year max). I am currently on a probationary 3 month contract to be extended to a year in 8 weeks time...
    Littlewoods catalogue - won back charges of £300 by default.

All opinion/help/interpretation is given totally impartially and is not intended to be taken as financial advice in any way, all final decisions must be your own. Good luck!:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport