6 Months self employed any mortgages available..

Options
Hi, all i have been self employed now for 6 months and now have a 10% deposit available.

Do any of you know if there are any mortgages available with 6 months books

I would also be able to supply accountants letters etc..

Any advise very appreciated..

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    I would be absolutely gobsmacked if you can get anything anywhere.
  • darkman13
    darkman13 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    same boat as you and cant get anything, i worked in the firm and now own it but cant find mortgage because they see me as self employed foe 10 months, and now understand why some people lie in their application just like their CV! its wrong but some people have no choice and they do take that option to get a mortgage.
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    I would be absolutely gobsmacked if you can get anything anywhere.

Agreed.

Only hope would be current bank, if they will base it on account conduct, and that's a long shot
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    darkman13 wrote: »
    same boat as you and cant get anything, i worked in the firm and now own it but cant find mortgage because they see me as self employed foe 10 months
    Which is exactly what you are.

and now understand why some people lie in their application just like their CV! its wrong but some people have no choice and they do take that option to get a mortgage.
    There is the choice to tell the truth. There is the choice to rent instead of buy. There is the choice to be decent.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    darkman13 wrote: »
    same boat as you and cant get anything, i worked in the firm and now own it but cant find mortgage because they see me as self employed foe 10 months, and now understand why some people lie in their application just like their CV! its wrong but some people have no choice and they do take that option to get a mortgage.

Fraud then? Nice. Well done.

In what way do people 'have no choice'? No-one's forced into buying property.
  • darkman13
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    Fraud then? Nice. Well done.

In what way do people 'have no choice'? No-one's forced into buying property.

i did not say people have no choice in regards to buying or not, ive just made a point that somepeople as we all know bend the truth to obtain which i clearly would note that is wrong and wouldnt recommend it as its fraud! however i am just pointing out that some still do, and that is their bad choice!
  • _Andy_
    Options
    Well in what respect do they have 'no choice'?
  • darkman13
    edited 6 June 2009 at 12:51PM
    Options
    they do not have a choice in getting a mortgage, which they know and most of the time with the help of a mortgage broker create choice! example... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8059565.stm
  • _Andy_
    Options
    Sorry but I can't think of any situation where someone is 'forced' into getting a mortgage.
    Yes there are brokers who are dodgy but the majority aren't.
    In any case, just because Mr.Dodgy Broker is willing to commit fraud too doesn't mean the client has to - assuming there isn't a gun against his head.
  • darkman13
    Options
    again i agree with you andy obtaining a mortgage via dark avenue isnt all a good idea and not a choice for me nor other people and im sure for you, however i still insist that i am merley pointing out that given the situation at a time for a desperate person no matter what the reason and no matter how wrong some and i underline that some people will choose the dark avenue, because if they do not they have no choice of getting to their destination, and its that no choice that i am pointing towards. idealy it isnt a no choice its a straight no, however some do create the choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport