Agency Payslip Query

Options
2»

Comments

• gemmacarolyn
    gemmacarolyn Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble whilst working for an agency-they wouldn't pay me holiday pay, although it is a legal right-I had to write to them a couple of times and state the law clearly, so they knew I was informed. I also had to get the backing of my boss at the factory I was working at (Luckily they were lovely people!) My advice would be to put your requests in writing, clearly and respectfully, stating a date you'd like a reply by. They should have a formal grievance proceedure, so you might like to point out that you want to see that too. I know it's really hard to fight people who are paying your wages, but it sounds like what they're doing is illegal-especially with respect to your working hours.
    Best 2018 wins: £1500, £500 John Lewis voucherBest 2019 wins: 18 of the latest DVDsBest 2020 wins: £100 cash 2021 wins: 130 books 2021 wins: Jubilee silver necklace 2023: 8xfootball shirts, Spar vouchers, £200 Tesco voucher,
  • bob_man_uk
    bob_man_uk Posts: 517 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2009 at 8:27PM
    Options
    i got my "flexible employee handbook" today.

looking through it, it harps on about "the right allowance" so yeah explains what RA is :P

in a nutshell and without copying it word for word i shouldnt tick the box even though they said to tick it, as for the working hours, they asked me to cover them, i didnt have to, saying that after questioning my line manager about what breaks i can actually take (5 hours period 1pm - 6PM) he says take lunch from 12:30-1 but this is lunch, not a break, so would i be right to make a complaint regarding this?

My line manager has no people skills whatsoever, my "concerns" i had aired with the agency have come through to my manager and he basically found answers to my problems not my questions.... so now i have more questions and im annoyed. when someone says "let me stop you there" 5 words into my sentence, i get very annoyed and tbh wanted to leap over the table and batter the guy. kind of like a reggie perrin moment.

EDIT --> just googled and found this pdf should explain it a bit better than i can <--TIDE
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bob_man_uk wrote: »
    i. . . , as for the working hours, they asked me to cover them, i didnt have to, saying that after questioning my line manager about what breaks i can actually take (5 hours period 1pm - 6PM) he says take lunch from 12:30-1 but this is lunch, not a break, so would i be right to make a complaint regarding this?

There is only a requirement for an employer to allow a break (which can be unpaid) where work lasts longer than 6 hours - so a half-hour lunch break could count as a break. However you said you worked 8 to 1 in one part of your contract and 1 to 6 in the other - so I don't see you having a break at all. In fact it looks as though you can't do them edge to edge unless the A&E is directly next to the other place you work. (Clearly I don't know your hospital environment.)
  • bob_man_uk
    bob_man_uk Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    the two sites are seperate, staff carpark is over the main road and round the corner. it takes me 15 minutes to walk to/through the main hospital to the car parking office.

Im taking initiative and leaving the A&E area at 5:30 and having the last half hour as a break, i dont actually leave the hospital, im still in the office filling out time sheets etc, but a brew goes down nicely at the same time :P

i see what your saying though, i just hope that the many of the agencies that are looking for work come up with something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport