WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST FIXED RATE?

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if the Northern Rock Building Society's Fixed Rate of 2.89% is good??? need to borrow 102,000 - 52,000 on endowment 50,000 on repayment. Currently with Nationwide with 4.29% fixed until Oct. However, need to increase present mortgage of 67,000 up to 102,000 for home improvements. Present monthly premium £379.00

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    2 year fixed at 2.89% = 7 year tie in. 5 years at NR's SVR will cost you a fortune.

They are currently offering a 2 year fixed at 4.99% with no ERC's (early repayment charges). However, if you take the £1000 cashback then this will tie you in for a total of 3 years (2yrs fixed, 1 year at SVR).

Andy
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In a very similar situation to yourself "CHARISMATIC" & will hopefully have all the answers by this time next week but for now, Abbey are offering 4.49% fixed for 2yrs (Oct 2006)
  • GPO888
    GPO888 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Can Anyone Give Advice Gpo888
  • TEDDYRUKSPIN
    TEDDYRUKSPIN Posts: 1,528 Forumite
    Simple advice! Cheap Interest Rate? TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! Read the small print! Anything under £100k mortgage, not usually worth paying a massive chunk for arrangement fees, booking fee, etc but worth it for over £100k. Can be a difference of a minor £6 to a massive £50.
    Motto: 'If you don't ask, you don't get!!'

Remember to say thank you to people who help you out!

Also, thank you to people who help me out.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Mortgage advisers can give advice on mortgages.

I dont see any advice required on this thread though which is two and half years old and didnt need bringing to life again.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure