Diposable Plastic Plates

Options
Hi Every1,
I need sum help. We are gettin married in about 11 weeks in Cambridge. We are trying to find sum nice disposable plastic plates & bowls preferably transparent ones
to go wiv our nice disposable silver knives & forks (we have over 200 guests & I fink hiring plates etc would be expensive & stressful). We have luked around the shops & internet but can't find any anywhere. Any ideas where we can get sum any body?
Thanks in advance...
Chris & Ellie
My advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

Comments

• nat82
    nat82 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    Options
    Asda have got some in just now - 4 for £1 they've got plates and bowls but they're frosted transparent. Tesco had some clear square plates today but I couldn't tell you how much they were but were def more than £1.

Have you had a look on E-Bay?
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have you tried a cash and carry? caterers would get theirs from places like that. Or near us we have a big chinese supermarket that does things like that for the chinese caterers, take aways etc.

We go to makro, I know you have to be self employed to join but if you arent u might have a friend or relative who is?
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • CPJames19
    CPJames19 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    I have been to a cash and carry I didn't think much of the plastic plates. But I think I'll try other cash n carrys. I think it would be cheaper then asda.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Options
    With BBQ season round the corner, the prices for these kinds of things aren't likely to drop any time soon, but on the bright side, all the supermarkets/shops will have lots of choice in. Have you tried the pound shops yet?
    Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    try ebay - currently some on there - £4.50 for 25 plates

or

http://www.mashers.co.uk/acatalog/faq.html

hth Flea
  • roxalana
    roxalana Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps also check out the hiring of stuff in case it works out cheaper and less stressful than the plastic.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    roxalana wrote: »
    Perhaps also check out the hiring of stuff in case it works out cheaper and less stressful than the plastic.

but hired stuff has to be washed and returned, and no-one wants to do that on their wedding day - if you use plastic, its a 5 minute job clear it all away into the bin

Flea
  • roxalana
    roxalana Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I understood that some hire packages include the company washing and collecting them. Only going by what other people have said though as I have never done it myself!

If it is possible to do this it would help save the environment too!
  • CPJames19
    CPJames19 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to all who responded to my thread & the helpfull comments you posted, especially flea72 for the website link.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure