Vintage style wedding dresses

I've been looking at the antony and candy wedding dresses but £2000 is a bit steep for a MSE bride and I've come across this site in America which is pretty similar to Antony and Candy and comes out at about £300-£500

Hope this helps someone. If you search for Dolly couture on ebay or google it will list all her dresses as I can't post links on here

x

Comments

• SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    There's also Vivien of Holloway on ebay, they do similar dresses for under £100, although the petticoats are extra.

I loved the Antony and Candy dresses but was too pregnant to wear one :(
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • sparklylime
    sparklylime Posts: 291 Forumite
    I love love love the Dolly Couture dresses!!!

My favourites are The Edmonton
    img2448444cacac53192d.jpg

and this one Hasings on Hudson

img1074447eea81b1556d.jpg

They're both so pretty I want them both!

I also adore the Candy Anthony dresses but I think they would be way over my budget :(

eta: Sorry about the size of these I didn't realise they would look so big, ooops.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They look quite a simple style don't they, it wouldn't take much to make your own and put your own twist on it.
    They are gorgeous dresses. :cool:
  • junesong
    junesong Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love these dresses!

If you have facebook you can add her as a friend and see actual brides wearing them on their wedding day.

I potentially have a friend making my dress, a graduating fashion student so not too bad if it happens. However if this doesn't pan out I will be perfectly happy to order from here, personally I'll be going for a manhattan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure