Garden games

Options
Hi, I am running a 'Big Lunch' for the flats where I live, and am trying to think of some games that we can play in the communal garden. I would love to buy/hire giant games such as connect 4, but they are very expensive. Does anyone have any ideas for any cheap or free games we can play in our garden to get people talking? Not many children live here, so they would be targeted at adults.

Thanks!

Aimee

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello aimeep

Welcome to the MSE site.:wave:

I'll move your thread to the 'I wanna' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would your neighbours enjoy playing a game of rounders? Here is a link for a basic rounders set:

http://www.aresson.co.uk/shop/item.asp?itemid=14

I hope you have great weather for your Big Lunch' event.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • *Scottish*Lass*
    *Scottish*Lass* Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    What about a sports day type thing? Tesco's have a set just now, not sure how much it was but if its like the one I've got then it has sacks for a sack race, plastic spoons & eggs for egg & spoon, ties for the 3 legged race etc. I'm sure if you googled it you'd come up with more ideas? Fancy dress race, obstacle course, skipping race, relay race? We did it at my work a last year..... SOOOOO much fun!!!
    .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:Scottish & proud of it! .•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Egg and spoon race for definate - my business runs a Friday Challenge which involves a bit of team work, a good laugh and some thought as to the ever changing challenge of that week. Egg and spoon, wheelie chair race, wheely bin race (the recycling one that is the cleanest), eating dried crackers that sort of thing. Good luck.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We`re doing The Big Lunch in our street as well, thanks for ideas .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure