Edinburgh Hotels

edited 1 June 2009 at 2:11AM in Scotland
6 replies 1.8K views
onedaydebtfree_2onedaydebtfree_2 Forumite
16 Posts
edited 1 June 2009 at 2:11AM in Scotland
Looking to stay at a good Hotel 18 and 19 July in Edinburgh. All help welcome any vouchers discounts etc.:beer::money:
Somewhere with a gym or swimming pool

Replies

• mvtengmvteng Forumite
    503 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Posh but cheap. Generally I doubt the 2 go together in Edinburgh in July.

try apexhotels.co.uk. Nice modern hotels

19ths a sunday night. Malmaison were offering rooms at a tenner for Sunday nights, but I don't know if it will still be on in July
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful with Apex - The Grassmarket one took my booking at one price, then bumped it up several hundred pounds a few days before I was due.

Took a long long time for them to refund my card when I told them where to shove it.

The one they now run in Waterloo Pl has also done that under previous owners aqnd TBH, this is a not uncommon trick amongst the "better" Edinburgh hotels - or they offer you an alternative in some annexe or guest house out in the sticks.

If you do book one, get firm and unarguable confirmation in advance.
  • nesssie1702nesssie1702 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look at the following thread, it covers HI Express as well as Holiday Inn

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1535105
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at the following thread, it covers HI Express as well as Holiday Inn

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1535105

I can recommend the Holiday Inn next to the Zoo if you can get a reasonable rate using the above link. Rooms tend to be small but the swimming pool is nice and location is handy for buses into town. Breakfast is good and staff very friendly and helpful.
  • jeppyjeppy Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    We stayed at The Caledonian last week. Our room had the most amazing view of the castle. The staff were very friendly and approachable and as always, breakfast was great. Unfortunately, I struggle to eat that early (I do make up for it throughout the day tho LOL)

It isn't cheap, but as it is a Hilton, I was able to pay with my Tesco points.
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • moneybags82moneybags82 Forumite
    38 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    last time i was through in Edinburgh I stayed in an apartment just for the one night. It was just along from the station and great for shopping. It was called Prices street suites, across the road from the apex.
    Getting married August 2012! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals