Signing off JSA

Options
Morning everyone,

I'm currently on JSA and today is my signing on day, however I have just been offered a short-term contract starting next week.

What do I do? still sign on today and not mention the new role until tomorrow after all my paperwork has come through or tell them today that I should be starting a contract role next week?

I just don't want my last payment which should be next Monday being cancelled in error or something going wrong.

So tell them today or tomorrow?
BSC No. 254

Comments

• Epiphone
    Epiphone Posts: 223 Forumite
    Options
    The short term contract doesn't exist until you have a signed contract (signed by both parties) or you have an emailed contract and you attend site (therefore accepting the contract terms).

With this in mind sign on as normal, don't mention anything then sign off when you start the contract. Worst case scenario is you sign off tomorrow then the contact is cancelled and you have to sign on all over again.

Oh, and congrats on the contract :beer::j:beer:
  • mna78
    mna78 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Epiphone, I actually mentioned that I should be starting a contract to the JSA today and she was fine & said until its 100% to just continue... made my signing on pretty quick though.
    BSC No. 254
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport