Best place in Glasgow for Leather Sofas?

weegie_2
weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Afternoon all.

Ok, we need to get a new leather suite for the living room. 3+2. After so many bad reviews of DFS, I know to steer well clear of them. But any suggestions as where else at a reasonable price? IMHO all settees are well overpriced, but I am probably just gonna have to pay over the odds. Altho I would love to splurge out we can't do it. So, something leather (can't be fabric - kids make wayyyyyyy to much mess), which will last at least 4-5 years (and two bouncy kids). Something perhaps we can pay up ....or even put on a 0% purchase credit card. Husband won't go down the second hand route (which I don't mind doing) so unfortunately it has to be something new.

Been out to Reids store in EK and their clearance store in Bell St today and saw a few we like. Also been out to ikea. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• alamo_2
    alamo_2 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Hi, we went to R&J Leather in Larkhall and found them great, they were quite reasonable and i think they do up to 4 years interest free as well.
  • weegie_2
    cheers for that - will have a look at them....

anyone else got any more suggestions?
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Ours is from Reids and wasn't too expensive - paying it 0% over 2 years. Have previously bought from Sofa Workshop Direct, but think they are more expensive. There is also SCS, which I think are similar to DFS (always have some sale on!). I know plenty of people who have bought from both of these companies though with no problems. Remember that you usually only hear the bad reports wich are in the minority!
  • gar123
    gar123 Posts: 32 Forumite
    we bought the stratus from reids in hillingdon, it wasnt leather but is really comfortable and we got a 3 and 2 a year ago for less than a grand think its still the same now or less
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    you could try tyrells of burnbank near hamilton. usually good quality stuff from there.
    ...work permit granted!
  • cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
  • weegie_2
    when we visited Reids the salesman was more interested in pushing the 'supercover' which would protect the suites from damage blah blah blah. What are people's views on this...worth doing on a leather suite or a waste of money?
  • WEEGIE
    WEEGIE Posts: 11,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi weegie, have you tried Forest Furnishing in South Street Scotstoun? We bought a dinning table and chairs from them about 10 years ago which we passed on to my parents also had alook at their furniture two years ago (even though I have been up in Aberdeen for the past ten years) as we were needing a new suite. I found them to be reasonably priced. Hope this helps.:D
    Like good food and drink?
    Try Hotel Chocolat and Baileys.
    :drool: :drool: :smiley:
  • WEEGIE
    WEEGIE Posts: 11,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wouldn't go for the extra warranty as I think it is a waste of money.
    Like good food and drink?
    Try Hotel Chocolat and Baileys.
    :drool: :drool: :smiley:
  • weegie_2
    Well , we took a run out to R&J Leather in Larkhall ....and ended up buying a suite :-)

Very good selection of leather suites - far more than Reid. Also felt that the quality was better and the stuff sturdier. Prices reasonable and there is a range of finance options as well.. Staff v.friendly and helpful. Would defo recommend them. :-D

Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport