Refixing crown

Options
Hi

I had a crown re-fixed a month ago by my dentist who was then NHS. However, the crown has come off again and I was wondering what my position re paying will be. The reason I am asking is that from 1st April my dentist is going private and if I dont get an appointment before then, am I going to be forced into signing up for their dental care installment plan or should he re-fix it for nothing or an nhs charge?

Thanks for any comments

Sue

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I would think it is a continuation of the previous work. It was refixed unsucessfully.
    I would call them and say you had your crown fixed a month ago and it has come loose/off again and can you book in to have it done again as the last attempt was unsucessful.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A crown coming off again so quickly would make me suspect there was something wrong with the support of the crown.

It could well need a new crown. Often you don't really know that until it comes off again in such a short space of time.

All NHS work will have to be finished and claim forms sent off by 31st March. Most labs have a 5 working day turnaround for work - probably longer for NHS stuff.

Chances are you will not get this crown replaced on the NHS, and so you will be forced into having a decent one!

Get back to the dentist and see what he suggests.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • mikeassured
    mikeassured Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for both of your suggestions, will phone for appointment today.

Sue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport