We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Inland Revenue Repayment

Options
Hi Do you think this is acceptable this is a copy of the email I sent Inland Revenue concerning the problems I have had:-
I have phoned several times this week, I sent a letter of amendment dated 20th April 2009 asking for my business loss to be offset against my employment income as well as £45 worth of expenses. But only the expense part was dealt with I wouldn't mind but I have been messed about for the best part of eight months now. I sent my self assessment in back in september 2008 I then proceeded to each month to see the progression as we worked out I was due a repayment of over £600. Each time I called I was told it was logged but not processed. Until I phoned in march when I was told that my self assessment was missing and it would be quicker me sending a copy than them finding it! I sent a copy waited a further month but then was only repaid £14.14 i had overpaid from my employment income and my business loss had been totally ignored. I then visited worcester office where I was told it was because I had filled in a short tax return and if I wanted to offset my business loss and my £45 expenses against my employment income then I would have to write a letter of amendment which I did that day then after waiting in the backlog for my letter to be dealt with I find out that only the £45 expense was dealt with and yet again the business loss had been ignored! I am now told I have to wait again till a techncian reduces there backlog to deal with it. Is Inland Revenue trying to make me crazy, is this a big ploy to keep everyones money for longer and would this catalogue of errors be accepted if it had been the other way round and me owing the money I don't think so. I am really struggling money wise and could really do with this repayment as in a couple of days I'm going to overdrawn and then suffer the stupidly high charges from the bank. So please can this be dealt with today as it is really past a joke if it can't be dealt with today could you please forward to your complaints department as an official compliant
Kind Regards

Comments

• fengirl_2
    fengirl_2 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I've seen far ruder and as you have sent it, its done!
    I would have asked for the name and contact details of the Regional Manager rather than expect them to forward your email to the complaints person.
    £705,000 raised by client groups in the past 18 mths :beer:
  • Tarasam
    Tarasam Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Can i ask the address you sent it to, i work for HMRC and am constantly told we dont deal with emails.
  • clairebryan
    Options
    Hi I sent it via ask a question on the website after logging in, I'm just sick of there constantly being a problem followed by a long delay, I must say whenever I phone up there very helpful, it just seems to be my local office were I'm having the problems!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport