Exercise DVD?

Options
I posted a similar request on 'I wanna' but got no answers, so trying here...

I've an hour or so to spare in the afternoons while my little ones sleep and I need to get fit and shape up, so can anyone recommend a good exercise DVD?

Comments

• trigger_mike
    trigger_mike Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    the max and paddy power of two was quite good
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I really like 'Walk Away The Pounds' by Leslie Sansome. It's a bit American and cheesy at times, but it's great for me as no getting down on the floor (bad back). It's basically brisk marching on the spot with different foot movements and optional arm-weights. 15/30/45 minute segments.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • frostyspice
    frostyspice Posts: 541 Forumite
    Options
    Is that Max and Paddy video serious?!
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i bought the 'pump it up' dance dvd based on the choreography of the Eric Prydz call on me video, which i quite enjoy.

it doesnt do much in the way of explaining each step in detail, that said none of the moves are overly complicated - im just really rubbish at coordination sometimes :D !

its broken down into different sections - a warm up, 2 high energy dance workouts, a bums and tums workout, and then a cool down - whole thing lasts about an hour, but you can pick and choose which bits you do to suit your needs, fitness level, and time scale.

at the end of the day, it all depends on what type of thing you are personally after - get fit, tone up, gentle exercise, vigourous exercise. why not have a gander around the dvd section of the shops, dvd sites etc, even ebay to see what the options are.

good luck, and have fun!
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    the old ones are the best Beverley Callard £2.99 rapid results in WHS (video though. )I bought it when I got married and lost 2 stone :j and it is really really good. My friend bought it and she has loads and she rates it as best. :j

Nell McAndrews video ius really hard - have to be super fit.
    Patsy palmer - Urgh

It also won best fitness video on the telly the other night
    :j

BEVERLEY !!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • trigger_mike
    trigger_mike Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Options
    Is that Max and Paddy video serious?!
    yeah i think so, i was knackered after doing it, so must do some good!
  • getcarter
    getcarter Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look at Amazon for reviews of the DVD's I find this invaluable.

I've got Pump it up, or if I'm feeling really energetic a nell mcandrews one (not the whole session though!)
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the Yogalates DVD ~ I bought it about 3 years ago and only started using it 3 months ago :o however, it works for me, its not too strenuous and you go as easy or difficult as you choose. Its not a high energy workout but it suits me and it works!

Click here

The woman who does it is slightly irritating but I haven't found one yet that isn't :rotfl:
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport