what should I say?

Options
My acting manager knew that I was looking for extra hours at work. After much negotiation with a colleague, the acting manager offered me 15 extra "bank " hours - ie no sick pay, no holiday pay etc. I already work 15 contracted hours plus regular overtime. As this was not secure enough for me, the following day I applied for and accepted a thirty hour job contract. I am due to start my new job and have heard that the acting manager is now planning to advertise for a full time replacement for my job!

I spoke to the HR manager about this - she was unaware that i even wanted to work extra hours.

I have worked in my present job for 8 years and am only leaving because I needed to work more hours which did not seem to be available on a contract basis in my present employment

is there anything i can do as i feel the acting manager has acted unfairly towards me.

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The acting manager was probably trying to get as much flexibility as they could in the post. And being "acting" perhaps limited their authority to make changes.

If you want to continue in your current role but with the increased contracted hours, apply when it is advertised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure