128mB MP3 player TODAY ONLY £23.44

Options
https://www.Aria.co.uk again - good player (I've got one already), doubles as a memory stick, good volume for the player and good sound quality. They also have a nice monitor on there and a 1gB USB pen for £48!

Website is http://www.aria.co.uk/specials.asp scroll down the page to Arianet Value MP3 Black ID833 128MB

Only had 20 left last time I looked!

Andy B

Comments

• biblejohn
    Options
    Was tempted until I saw on ebay that you can get a brand new 256mb similar mp3 player for £10 and a similar 512mb version for only 20quid.
  • rattla
    rattla Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    Was tempted until I saw on ebay that you can get a brand new 256mb similar mp3 player for £10 and a similar 512mb version for only 20quid.

I presume you are not including postage for that, as the cheapest I can find is about £15-£20 inclusive, beause postage is usually charged at about £10-£14 Also they are usually from HK/Asia so no chance of getting before Christmas!
  • biblejohn
    Options

I presume you are not including postage for that, as the cheapest I can find is about £15-£20 inclusive, beause postage is usually charged at about £10-£14 Also they are usually from HK/Asia so no chance of getting before Christmas!

Oops. You are correct. The ones i were looking at were about 10quid for a 256mb one, then £8.99 postage from hong kong.

Guess it depends on how quick you want them. Ive ordered stuff from hong kong which has been delivered in 3 or 4 days in the past.
  • MINCER_2
    MINCER_2 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options

I presume you are not including postage for that, as the cheapest I can find is about £15-£20 inclusive, beause postage is usually charged at about £10-£14  Also they are usually from HK/Asia so no chance of getting before Christmas!

Aria don't post stuff to you for free either. You can't knock someone for not including postage when £23.44 is not the price delivered either, it's closer to £27.

Also beware some of these deals, yes there may be a limited amount left today but you may see the same items reappearing tomorrow and the day after that.
    I know, I bought the YOYO mp3 player when there were only 3 left, to find there were 20 left the next day.
    It seems to be a gimmick, to get you to buy in a hurry, perhaps before you've had chance to have a good shop round.
    All the World is a Stage; and I'm going through a difficult one at the moment!
  • demonwing
    Options
    Two things, Aria offer good service and I can vouch for the sound quality... lots of MP3 players are either too quiet unless turned up full which knackers the output stage or have very tinny sound with no bass. By the way, I'm not affiliated to them in any way, just well aware how difficult it can be to find a good mp3 player! Good hunting.
  • BigKisses
    Options
    Cheers I've ordered one for my son(along with the £14.11 wireless keyboard ;)) Any tips on where he can get the cheapest downloads from(feel free to PM if you don't want the topic to go off topic ;) )
  • alrabbit
    Options
    Bigkisses - you've got a PM ;D
    I see you baby....
  • smokescreen
    Options
    I brought the 256MB version of the ID833... seriously value for money hands down. The included earphones arent gread, but I used some sennheiser MX 500's with it, incredible output. Very easy to use too, and built well. Most of all, it appears like it has had some thought put into it, unlike some products ive seen lately.

Well recommended, so long as you change the earphones to get the best out of it.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    If I purchase this for my nephew for xmas,do I need to buy anything else to go with it?

Or do we just download and go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question on here lol
  • demonwing
    Options
    No, you shouldnt need anything else. It plugs straight into the USB socket on your PC. Generally people convert their CD's into MP3's using software on their PC (audiograbber is a free package - look for it via https://www.google.com). On a CD the music tracks are in the format called .wav which is an old fashioned 'language' for computers. The new language is called mp3 and squashes the tracks down so lots of them can fit onto one CD rather than just 15 or so. Once converted, they can then be transfered onto the mp3 player. Otherwise, MP3's can be downloaded via the internet, pay or free depending on your concience. Perhaps if CD's were cheaper no one would bother with the free route! The small (under 1 gigabyte) MP3 players have no moving parts so are robust, and have a huge battery life as there is no motor turning a disc or tape around inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure