We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

lovely smelling hoover

early on i hooverd the house as my dd had put a few scoops of washing poweder on my carpet :rolleyes:

I hooverd it up and jst vacumed upstairs and it smells lovely

may do this in future instead of buying vac smelly things

Comments

  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Another tip is to add some essential oil to a tissue or cotton wool. Vaccum it up and it makes the house smell lovely.

    Pink
  • FreebieRocker
    FreebieRocker Posts: 329 Forumite
    Or using an old used tumble dryer wipe thing. They do the same thing. I think face wipes probably would to if they were dry enough.
    .Sometimes.I.Wonder.Why.I'm.Still.Here.
    .Sometimes.I.Think.I'm.Going.Crazy.
  • I use a damp earl grey teabag.
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • dumb_blonde
    dumb_blonde Posts: 335 Forumite
    Essential oil on cotton wool is a good idea, you can also pop it behind radiators to make the room smell nice and put some under your car seat instead of dangly fresheners(lasts longer too)
  • broclo
    broclo Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Essential oil on cotton wool is a good idea, you can also pop it behind radiators to make the room smell nice and put some under your car seat instead of dangly fresheners(lasts longer too)

    I pop in my hoover/behind rads too

    Found brill in airing cupboard too as all linen smells gorgeous

    Moved and no airing cupboard...devastated! lol
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Essential oil on cotton wool is a good idea, you can also pop it behind radiators to make the room smell nice and put some under your car seat instead of dangly fresheners(lasts longer too)

    I put a few drops of oil into a plant spray, add warm water and simply spray a fine mist over carpets & furniture - not too much, as you don't want anything wet and it's best done when you can leave the room empty/unoccupied for half an hour (or more).

    Too stingy to use essential oils though - just use M&S pot-pourri oils ;)
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.