Warning re Stakeholders/Personal Pension vs SIPPS

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
195 replies 15.2K views
1141516171820»

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Don`t worry edinvestor. I am not trading my HYP. I am buying to hold. I have been buying in tranches to spread the risk. Once bought they go on the back burner and I forget about them. The true HYP concept is one that I absolutely believe in ie buy, hold, get income and enjoy life away from the screen. I am a bit pro-active at the moment because I have been making sure that I have spread the HYP throughout a range of sectors, with the emphasis on non-cyclical, low beta stocks and the present volatility is enabling me to buy good value for my sipp

I suppose that some of my excitement is coming out in my posts but I cannot believe my luck in finding this thread and hence my way into a HYP sipp.

Whiteflag, thank you for starting this valuable thread
  • EdInvestorEdInvestor
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's working out kittie. :)

It's not necessary to wait for bargains to set up an HYP , but I do it myself sometimes, especially for top quality HYP shares that are really good to have for diversification purposes ( eg Shell) but which usually don't offer a high yield. If you get the opportunity to buy these kinds of shares at a good yield (4% or more) because the market is down a bit,or there is some temporary setback to the company, I would go for it. I see Lloyds, always a top choice anyway, could be purchased at a 7% yield for a little while last week

Definitely a buying opportunity.
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • SledgeheadSledgehead Forumite
    131 Posts
    EdInvestor wrote: »
    Glad it's working out kittie. :)

It's not necessary to wait for bargains to set up an HYP , but I do it myself sometimes, especially for top quality HYP shares that are really good to have for diversification purposes .... If you get the opportunity to buy these kinds of shares at a good yield (4% or more) because the market is down a bit,or there is some temporary setback to the company, I would go for it. I see Lloyds, always a top choice anyway, could be purchased at a 7% yield for a little while last week

Definitely a buying opportunity.

DOH!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • jamesdjamesd Forumite
    25.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've privately explained why sledgehead's post may not be appropriate.
  • sabretoothtiggersabretoothtigger Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt apply at all, there was plenty of opportunities to sell on caution

graphcgicodelecotnlloy.png
    Tokyo residential prices have gone from 4x London in 1990 to ¼ London in 2014
    Maybe this is one of those cases where you can’t go home again,
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides