Very Personal but VERY usefull information - Hope it helps

Options
First of all - to all the mods: I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I thought deft-free wannabe was appropriate because of the stress and strains of being in debt. Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have found a website which as a number of very interesting articles including credit repair and sample letters etc. One of the most usefull things I have found on this website relates very personally to me. Due to the debt I was in, my wife left me, took my daughter, my dog, and most of the furnature and electricals (when I was away working for 2 weeks) - when I come home I thought I had been burgled as everything between me and my wife were 'rocky' but we were still talking and chatting on the phone every night while I was away - unknown to myself what she had already done.

This was all down to me and Debt. I lost everything and the only things I were left with were 'final demands' and other regular bills. I felt sick, I went off my food, I was depressed, my work suffered, I slept less, I went out less, my temper was very bad - I was turning into the person I never thought I would be - all because of debt - and I knew it was my debt, therfore nobody's fault except my own.

I found this website (I'm still in the same situation after 4 months) and it has made me realise alot about myself and the thoughts I am thinking may infact be 'normal' for someone in my position. It provides some very interesting information which I could relate to personally - and I believe if you can relate to something personally, then you have a better understanding and also there is more of a chance in you seeing 'sense'

I will shut up for now - as I think I have made my point. I know there are alot of people out there who feel the same way I done, and some have maybe gone through the same seperation and loss that I have all down to debt. It's amazing how money can sometimes control how we act and behave towards eachother. Right.... Sorry! I know - Shhhhhhhh!

Heres the links:

Debt and Health (Usefull for someone who has been/going through something similar to myself:
http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_and_health/debt_and_health.htm

Credit Repair (no charge - how to do it yourself)
http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/credit-repair/credit-repair.htm

How to legally remove CCJ's easily (again DIY - no charge)
http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/ccj-removal/ccj-removal.htm

Removal and Termination of default notices (You get the idea DIY = no charge)
http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/default-notices/what-is-a-default-notice.htm

I could go on - however they (I believe) will be the most help for people who are currently in debt and trying to sort things out.

The main website is:
http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/default.htm

I really hope this helps some people, if not, maybe provide some interesting reading about how debt can control lives so much. A scary though - but true!
Origional Debt: £16,000
Total amount owed: £8,950.00
£2 coin savers club: £44.00

Comments

• klare_2
    klare_2 Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    isnt this just a link to a a charging debt management company ... i think that the majority of this info is provided by the CCCS and Payplan and they are the only two companies to my knowledge who deal with stuff for freee ...
    sorry if this isnt the case, sure a mod will be along shortly to check it out
    :EasterBun ...what more do I need to say?!
    its all in the name of medical science.
  • THE_LONE_RANGER_4
    Options
    as long as people realise bankrupt is your last option ,ccj&default removal is least of there problems and going to see the cab and or contacting cccs where its all free who will tell them what comes first ie priority debts etc etc and that aint the barclay card payment
  • Lewby
    Lewby Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really sorry to hear that you hit such a low point but it does sound as though you are on the way back up. The best thing you have done is find this site as it gives so much support, advice and general help from people who do know exactly how you feel.

If you want to you can post you financial position on here and others will give you advice about what else you can do to improve your situation. More than anything the determination everyone has to be debt free is fantastic and every day that I think about spending money I haven't got and reach for the plastic I just think about having to 'confess it' on here later ... so I don't. It's a new way of life from the debt, debt and lets have some more debt and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel is fantastic. :j

One of Martin's best pieces of advice for me was to remeber that 'credit cards' are really called 'debt cards'! No more debt for me ... I have more than my share to discard.
    ** Official DFW Nerd Club Member 009**
    Total Debt 01/02/11 [STRIKE] £64,912 [/STRIKE] 01/04/16 [STRIKE]£32,700[/STRIKE] 01/01/19 £0 :j
    NSD's for Feb 01/15 GC £0 / £300
  • Justin_Credit
    Options
    I agree with Klare, this looks like a debt management company offering consolidation loans.

Best given a wide berth I think.

Regards JC
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi happydj. :D

Sorry to hear about your problems mate.

I'm sure you posted that website with good intentions but to be honest they aren't a company you want to help you.

The links you've provided don't really give you any answers or help. They are only really telling you what can happen, probably if you phone them up and pay for their services!

I'd advise you and anyone else who are having money difficulties to talk to one of 2 registered charities that are free for everyone.

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

http://www.payplan.com/
  • beverleyhills
    Options
    happydj

Sorry to hear of your plight. Glad that you have found some comfort already. Do listen to the wise old and the not so old owls on this site.

Best wishes.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • happydj
    happydj Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry

I must have been misunderstood - the idea of me posing this site was because if only my partner could have seen and read some of this then mybe she would have been a little more understanding with things.

That was the general idea of posting the link to the information - I wouldnt use the company - however, I just think (the top link) was most usefull for relationships who struggle when in debt.

Sorry for not being clear in the first place, hope this clears things up.
    Origional Debt: £16,000
    Total amount owed: £8,950.00
    £2 coin savers club: £44.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills