We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Australian Mse / os websites?

I'm hopefully moving to oz in the next couple of months and whilst I will still be posting on here I just wondered if there was any websites like this one in oz so I can find local bargains?

Any help would be fantastic

Thanks

Pix
:jDebt Free At Last!:j
«1

Comments

  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    turn your monitor upside down then it will make perfect sense

    money saving expert down under lol


    Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ;-) post of the year!
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • slig
    slig Posts: 402 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I was planing on asking the exact same question at some point, as I'll be moving to Oz in a year, and I'm worried about how I will know which is the best sim card deal and where does good 2for1 offers! Let me know if you find anything Pix!
    Debt at LBM (17/10/08) £5727.61 Debt free date 31/08/09
  • Kataratarina
    Kataratarina Posts: 387 Forumite
    omg!!! i am soooo jealous...

    where abouts in oz are u moving to?

    i went this time last year for 5 weeks and 1st time was a few years ago!!

    I would love to move there!!

    I noticed in Oz the small local papers always had coupons for money off things.... from coles etc ( Oz Mr T)

    My mum loves buying things on offer- she would buy 3 washing powders on offer but when she was over this year visiting her sister in Oz, they were talking about offers etc and her husband announced that once my suntie bought 12 boxes of a branded washing powder because it was on "offer" lol

    Put my mothers bargains to shame!
    Now a mother to my beautiful daughter Olivia
    Born 10th Dec 2010 weighing 7lb 1oz
    :D:A
  • Kataratarina
    Kataratarina Posts: 387 Forumite
    oh found this is! http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/prepaid-mobile/prepaid-mobile-phone-caps.html

    Its kind of like what Tmobile( i think) done- where u pay a set amount but receive a larger lump sum to spend!!

    Hope this helps :)

    p.s I think $29 is around 13 pound! and u get 60pound of credit?
    Now a mother to my beautiful daughter Olivia
    Born 10th Dec 2010 weighing 7lb 1oz
    :D:A
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    If you want Old Style as well as money saving, try this:

    http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    pixie1 wrote: »
    I'm hopefully moving to oz in the next couple of months and whilst I will still be posting on here I just wondered if there was any websites like this one in oz so I can find local bargains?

    Any help would be fantastic

    Thanks

    Pix

    Start one yourself when you move!
  • arkaussiecat
    arkaussiecat Posts: 36 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    hi from oz :j

    i have been here for approx 18 months, its fab!

    the similar sites i have found are www.simplesavings.com.au and there is another something like www.cheapskates.com.au neither are as good as this site, hence the reason i still 'lurk' here. you have to pay to join, although some aspects like newsletters and tips of the day are free.

    i was a member of simple savings which was good, the forums are great, but unfortunately i let my membership go and cant afford to renew lol :rotfl:
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I can see there is an opportunity then to offer a free forum in Oz that goes some way to being similar to this site.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    a good site is pomsinoz.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.