Options
2»

Comments

• Dabooka
    Options
    The thread that refuses to die.....
  • k_bagpuss
    Options
    Im glad its not dead to be honest! I've just had a letter this morning from them saying I owe £301.44. I called them and they said it's from Alliance and Leicester whom I used to bank with years ago and I closed the account at the time. I've asked them to send me details and they said they would update the account with me disputing this claim
    Good wine needs to breathe, if it stops breathing try mouth to mouth.
  • herbertford1915
    Options
    thanks for your blog. My son lived abroad for 15 months and left a small overdraft debt with a bank and they apparently continued to send him letters to his old address every month at a rate of say £20/month per letter + they continued to charge him for his monthly banking facility despite him NOT paying any cash into the a/c. He returned about a year ago to be told that the bank had "written off the debt and would he like to open a new account?" So he did.

Last week Westcot attempted to contact him thro my home ph demanding about twice the possible amount owed!! I was heartened to read your blog depsite it being 3 years old. We will "tough it out"
  • kei07
    kei07 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I have recently discovered that i have a ccj against me for a sum of £300 taken out by wescot, the say that i owe a company called house of stirling this amount and that they now have this debt, i cant top up my due to run out bank loan or spread the cost of my car insurance over 12 months, I have applied to the courts to get this verdict set aside due to i have no knolwedge of this nor admitted the debt is mine, due in court in july and i now live in scotland since 2004 but they had said I last made a payment in 2006 at my last known address (which is my parents house) any advice would be much accepted, I have only spoke twice to them regarding this both on the phone.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Kinny33 wrote: »
    Wonder if anyone can help. I have just had a letter from Westcots Credit Services. I

Moved to a separate thread.

----> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4010303
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stop resurrecting old thread !!!!!!.

Start your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income