We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Wales: School Dinner menu recipe Needed

Hi does anyone have any idea how they make the "Homemade chicken casserole" All my children love it and based on their description it's just chicken in some creamy white sauce..:confused:
I would love to be able to re-create this for them as I'm having difficulty cooking for them they all hate my cooking :o
Any idea would be gratefully reieved
Helen x
2010 challenge A.B.C.D.[STRIKE]E.[/STRIKE]F.G.H.I.J.[STRIKE]K[/STRIKE].L.M.N.O.P.Q.[STRIKE]R[/STRIKE].S.T.U.V.W.X.Y.Z
Best of luck everyone!
I have also gone for platinum in the presents challenge.2/15

Comments

  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Helen,

    It's hard to tell without tasting the meal that your children love, but from your description I would fry the chicken (possibly add in some onion or leeks, carrots and mushrooms), then season (pepper, garlic, thyme?) and add some chicken stock. Simmer gently until the chicken and veg are cooked. Add in some cream or milk and thicken the sauce using a little cornflour mixed in cold water.

    Is there any way that you could speak to the kitchen staff and ask how they make it?

    Pink
  • gin
    gin Posts: 260 Forumite
    I would ask the school cook. We are in Cardiff and I know our cook makes most meals from scratch and would be very happy to be asked about them. Apparently her beefburgers/meatballs/herby diced potatoes is much better than mine.
  • hellypelly
    hellypelly Posts: 902 Forumite
    I will send a letter in tomorrow with my lil one asking for the recipe in case they dont like mine I just started the recipe that pink-winged gave me so fingers crossed they will love it it smells good so far :)
    Thanks x
    2010 challenge A.B.C.D.[STRIKE]E.[/STRIKE]F.G.H.I.J.[STRIKE]K[/STRIKE].L.M.N.O.P.Q.[STRIKE]R[/STRIKE].S.T.U.V.W.X.Y.Z
    Best of luck everyone!
    I have also gone for platinum in the presents challenge.2/15
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.