final interview, need help about some points !

Options
Hello all,

I have got my final interview with the hiring manager tomorrow for a post of graduate software engineer. My last interview comprised sessions with HR manager and a technical team lead. The recruitment consultant tells me that the hiring manager may further explore the areas where they didn't probe very well in the first interview. Mainly he will be looking at if I am suitable to be a part of their team or not.

I have gone through the usual stuff asked in interviews such as competency based questions, hypothetical scenarios and technical questions.These are the areas which were covered in my last interviews. Now, I am confused what should I expect more from this final interview

I will really appreciate if somebody could give me an idea what could I further expect in the final interview specially in the context of being judged if I would be a good fit in their team.

Best Regards,

SI

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was the Hiring Manager at the previous interview?
    If not, and if they don't have any records, you may find them asking some questions again, so just give the same answers and perhaps additional information BUT not different answers to the previous interview.
    The Hiring Manager may just do personality/team questions and nothing else.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • sensibly_insane
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply.The hiring manager was not at the interview, but the HR and technical peopel were making note of every answer I was giving them.So I presume, hiring manager will have that information.
  • pippitypip_2
    pippitypip_2 Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    sensibly_insane
    They will be looking to see if you're a good fit for the team and company - that's something you can't really revise, prepare for.

You just need to make sure you're being yourself, obviously yourself on best behaviour, but still!! :D

Being enthusiastic and generally positive can't hurt, and yes you may be asked some questions you've answered before. Mention the Technical Lead by name if you can, something maybe they said stuck with you, anyway - shows you paid attention, and were interacting.

Don't forget all interviews are two-way - so make sure you like them too and good luck!

Fingers crossed.

pippitypip
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok - they know me here! :D
  • sensibly_insane
    Options
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, yuppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I got the job, thanks everybody for your support. I am feeling myself lucky to get a job in this credit crunch.

Thanks veyr much all once again !
  • pippitypip_2
    pippitypip_2 Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    How great to get positive news these days!!

Congratulations sensibly_insane :beer: :T:T :T

pippitypip
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok - they know me here! :D
  • sensibly_insane
    Options
    wow pippitypip, you are so prompt. I really feel blessed :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income