We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help making jellies please
narabanekeater
Posts: 1,892 Forumite
My mum used to make them using part of the syrup from a tin of fruit
I would like to add some peaches to my jelly then use the syrup can nayone please tell me how to do so
How much water V syrup may I use and the jely still set
Thanks
I would like to add some peaches to my jelly then use the syrup can nayone please tell me how to do so
How much water V syrup may I use and the jely still set
Thanks
Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
0
Comments
-
narabanekeater wrote: »My mum used to make them using part of the syrup from a tin of fruit
I would like to add some peaches to my jelly then use the syrup can nayone please tell me how to do so
How much water V syrup may I use and the jely still set
Thanks
Chop your jelly cubes up small, and pour over just enough boiling water to get them to dissolve. Then top up using the juice from the can, to the level indicated on the jelly packet
HTH, Penny. x:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:0 -
And of course you can do the same with the juice from a tin of fruit in juice, which is what my mum always used to do;)
You can also use some milk or yogurt in place of some of the water. Just make sure you have the correct amount of liquid (usually a pint).0 -
You can use evaporated milk too, for a milk jelly.
One thing though, DON'T try and use pineapple. Pineapples have an enzyme in them that means that the jelly will never set!I Believe in saving money!!!:T
A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!0 -
I believe tinned pineapple is Ok because it has been heat treated and the enzyme destroyed-but I haven't tried it. Fresh pineapple is a definite no-no.hilstep2000 wrote: »You can use evaporated milk too, for a milk jelly.
One thing though, DON'T try and use pineapple. Pineapples have an enzyme in them that means that the jelly will never set!0 -
We used tinned pineapple a while ago in a jelly and it set ok. Having said that I used 18fl oz of fluid not 20fl oz. I like a firm jelly so always do this
A G&T a day keeps the doctor away
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards