'What’s the hottest 2for1 restaurant deal?' poll discussion

edited 18 May 2009 at 11:38AM in Money Saving Polls
21 replies 13.4K views

Replies

• sallymcpsallymcp Forumite
    16 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Estimator1 wrote: »
    As I don't live at the centre of the universe (or so they think London is)....there were only 2 choices for me. So I think it was a fairly discriminatory question, ruling out all those non-city dwellers!!

I agree a lot centres around just London - we only have Zizi, Ask, Pizza hut and Pizza Express. It would also be nice to have a voucher that is usable on a Saturday lunch time as this is the only time i would ever go to these places
  • Tough call between Pizza Express and Wagamama, but in the end I plucked for the latter. Here's hoping they release another one in the near future! :beer:
    £10 a day: March - August: £1653.54/£1840; September £92.86/£300
    NSD: April - August: 49 NSDs; September: 9/12
    101 in 1001 Project: 05/07/09 - 01/04/12 (8/101 completed)
  • what about Las iguanas

They are the gods!
  • Penny-less_2Penny-less_2 Forumite
    132 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Not on list but have used 2 4 1 voucher in Handmade Burger Co a couple of times, Solihull and B'ham, and both times burgers were lovely. We were also given special offer vouchers whilst there too.

Penny x
  • jonthedogjonthedog Forumite
    94 Posts
    Estimator1 wrote: »
    As I don't live at the centre of the universe (or so they think London is)....there were only 2 choices for me. So I think it was a fairly discriminatory question, ruling out all those non-city dwellers!!

It is not discriminatory at all. You are perfectly capable of voting for the best out of the ones near to you. On that basis the chain with the better coverage would usually get more votes and rise to the top, with the regional-only restaurants sinking to the bottom, unless they are exceptionally good.
    So if anything, the vote 'discriminates' against the smaller chains unless the total vote is divided by the number of restaurants in the chain, which should give a better indication of 'hottest', rather than which restaurant chain has the best coverage.
  • aksramaksram Forumite
    11 Posts
    Pizza express.
  • batty_2batty_2 Forumite
    19 Posts
    I only know one of them, what a stupid vote this is and would not use any of them. Could we not have something more of interest please its like asking folks from the south which northern football team they would go and watch i can see you all jumping to vote on that one if you can think past Watford.
  • CellCell Forumite
    551 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well we have at least 12 of those choices available in neolithic Leeds:D.
  • marteltormarteltor Forumite
    19 Posts
    I really like Ha!Ha! (great food/steaks!), BUT:
    - it's not a real 2 for 1, but 'just' 10 pounds discount. If 2 persons take a steak of 15 gbp...
    - they don't have as many restaurants as the famous pasta restaurants
    - used the voucher 2 times...both times the waiter 'forgot' the discount at first (even though I handed it to her 1 minute before). Of course, after I told her it was fixed quick.

The food was delicious and at least it was not another italian/pasta/pizza restaurant ;) Thanks MSE!
  • I've used the vouchers at Cafe Rouge, Zizzi and Prezzo and enjoyed Prezzo the most. However, I sometimes eat alone, so the 2 for 1 deal is no use to me then. A percentage off deal would be much more useful!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides