Endowment Misselling Complaints Deadline

Comments

• sylblake
    sylblake Posts: 113 Forumite
    Thanks for that. The strange thing is we weren't asked to complete any forms for Winterthur Life. I just sent in a letter asking for compensation and they wrote back to say they would look into it but would take some time. It did take quite a while but we were never asked for any details. We eventually got sent a letter saying we were unsuccessful and with it a photocopy of the original document stating that value, etc can go up and down.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Yes but if you had taken it further a fairly standard a
    questiionaire would have been used- whether a "cliams assistance firm " or direct or FOS
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Read through most posts and have decided I was missold endowment

It's a little complicated though

Hubby was on his own when missold first one then made it joint , got a new mortgage and was not readvised
    I know it might not make sense but do we complain to the original seller/mortgage adviser

Please advise
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Martin
    Can you give an opinion about the advert in today's Observer (page 29) from Brunel, Franklin and Company Ltd. They invite you to take a 60 second online test, to determine whether your endowment has been mis-sold, then ask for details leading to an offer to pursue no-win, no-fee claim for compensation.
    The address is https://www.endowmentuk.com
    Thanks
    Carol Morton
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    View on no-win no fee endowment compensation companies

The best thing for most people to do is go to https://www.endowmentaction.co.uk and use the information and resources there, where it is all free.

There are a range of companies which will 'take the case on for you'. Generally they say "don't win, don't pay" do win we take 25%. This is a very hefty fee (and you should check out any other "winners fees" or "insurance against loss" policies. However I suppose if you really really can't deal with it yourself and it is such a mire you simply won't do it yourself - then this route is better than nothing. However be careful you know who you are dealing with.

Though if you can - use the Consumers Associations website (Endowment action as above)

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • trafalgar_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Anyone got a clue, martin or anyone

Does it count as just one or were we sold /missold twice really

Read through most posts and have decided I was missold endowment

It's a little complicated though

Hubby was on his own when missold first one then made it joint , got a new mortgage and was not readvised
    I know it might not make sense but do we complain to the original seller/mortgage adviser

Please advise
  • payless
    trafalgar

Bit confused
    do you have 1 or 2 policies.

Was first policy amended, or was it in fact (as happened sometimes) cancelled and restarted as joint.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    Regarding the firm with the 60sec test- would be nice if they gave answer without having to give your contact details

remember also that these are peoples opinion "if you might be entitled to compensation"
    the actual claim will look at both sides of the story.
  • payless
    Also reemember many insurers have shown to be being fair with complaints - so why pay someone ! also if not happy with insurer reply you can take matter to FOS - care many of these compliant handling firms then ask for a higher % if dealing with these cases.
  • trafalgar_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Payless
    thanks for reply
    It is one policy amended from single to joint, then endowment used against a second bigger mortgage
    does that make it clearer if not please let me know as help is appreciated

cheers
    trafalgar

Bit confused
    do you have 1 or 2 policies.

Was first policy amended, or was it in fact (as happened sometimes) cancelled and restarted as joint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure