Wedding Dress Shops in West Lothian??

Options
Any recommendations?

Much appreciated.:beer:

PS Not looking to spend a fortune, getting married at Deer Park Golf & Country Club which is our biggest expense....grrr.
Wedding on hold until 2011. Mummy to DD1 3/2/6 DD2 5/10/7! Mortgaged to my eyeballs!

Comments

• nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There's a place in Bathgate - Bobby's on the main road next to the railway station.

I bought my outfit there 5 years ago, it was a skirt and top. They took a deposit when I placed the order. I was measured by the ladies in the shop but when I went in the top didn't fit me. I hadn't put on any weight and my measurements were the same as when the order was placed. Ended up having to get a dressmaker in Whitburn to alter the top so that I could wear it on the day. Wasn't too happy with it though.

You might be better getting something made? The other thing is, what's your time scale? I was told that I was leaving it very late to order 6 weeks before the wedding!
  • ellerman
    ellerman Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Try The Enchanted Room in Brightons, on the outskirts of Falkirk,
  • bubblegumcola
    bubblegumcola Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a Monsoon nearby, I got my wedding dress from there a good few years ago and it was lovely...wish it still fitted me now!!! Was about 180 quid.

There is a charity shop in Edinburgh I think its called Barnardos Brides by Appointment. You have to make an appointment like the title of the shop suggests but I saw an article in the Sunday Post a few months ago about it. They have brand new dresses/sample dresses never worn which they sell at a fraction of the cost they would be in a store. Obviously it is just your luck if they have something you like but from the sounds of the article you saved hundreds on the dresses. There was also a charity shop in Milgavie (might be abit far for you) which was having a special wedding event as they had lots of dresses up for grabs cheap too. It was on the five-thirty show on Thursday or Friday. I'm sure it was a Cancer Research shop. Might have been a one off but you could look the number up in yell.com and give them a buzz, they might still have some frocks.

Hope you find something gorgeous!
  • Threadhead
    Threadhead Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gwennes in Broxburn
    Threadhead
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    what about debenhams or m&s
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    BHS have wedding dresses, they had offers on recently too. Might be worth a look to see if they still have offers available. St Enochs Centre in Glasgow has a decent sized wedding dept in their BHS.

I see you are getting married in Livingston, I would have thought one of your first stops wold be the designer outlet and the new shopping centre there.
  • mumof2girls_2
    mumof2girls_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    IMHO The Designer Outlet is rubbish and so is the new Elements Centre

Thanks for all the replies ladies x
    Wedding on hold until 2011. Mummy to DD1 3/2/6 DD2 5/10/7! Mortgaged to my eyeballs!
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    I quite like the designer outlet, never buy much but always get a few bits and pieces. Not visited the new centre yet. Oh well...
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    im not a big fan of the designer outlet but the new elements is ok, saying that it depends on what type of shops you like, its not got anything thats not on any other highstreet in the country but still brings a bit more variety to livingston
  • mackeroo
    mackeroo Posts: 806 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there
    i bought mine last year fron Anne and Bobbies in Bathgate and have to say they were fantastic. They sold me the dress at least 50% cheaper than i had seen it in another shop, they did have a sale on at the time. I would recommend having a wee look there
    X
    It’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure