We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
I can't get my vase clean
Comments
-
I would try lemon juice (or citric acid if you have it). If you have carbonates from hard water causing the marks they react and dissolve in lemon juice better than vinegar. It won't do any harm to the glass so just pour some in, leave overnight and see what happens.But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,Had the whole of their cash in his care.
Lewis Carroll0 -
In mine i use a scoop of washing powder and hot water, leave to stand for a few hours and they come up a treat0
-
Try sterilising tablets that you use for babies bottles, not sure if it is different to the denture ones, but I have seen them work wonders on old glass vases.0
-
if all else fails lakeland do some little metal ball type things in a tub that are specifically for cleaning the bottom of vases.Sealed pot member 735
Frugal Living Challenge 2011
GC 2011 404.92/24000 -
Squirty glass cleaner - the type you use on windows. Just spray it in and rinse off0
-
The_Plush_Doormat wrote: »Thanks Giger. My words were no ordinary words, they were M and S words! On the front it says "St Michael Pocket Guide To Home Matters" published in 1989. I am only the messenger.

:rotfl: That made me chuckle!0 -
Have you tried using a bottle brush to clean it? I'd also soak biological washing powder in it for a while.0
-
I had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago with one of my vases and had tried everything i could think off. Until my Dad came on a visit and saw the vase and told me put some coke or Lemonade in to my vase and hey it worked so i now have a sparkling vase.£2 Pig has £86 in his Tummy. I am seriuosly Become a O/S Saver0
-
TOOTHPASTE !
non scouring and finest graded cleaner available - super cheap as well
also - use old toothbrush - ...Fight Back - Be Happy0 -
hartcjhart wrote: »have you tried kettle descaler BUT not boiling hot
This is what I do. I descale the kettle then use a bit of the water from it in vases and glasses. Just put a teeny tiny bit in at a time and swirl it round to warm the glass up gradually or it will crack.:cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool::heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
