We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help... raw prawns advice please!
beebuzz168
Posts: 160 Forumite
Firstly, hope this is the right board, but there is usually lots of clever cooking people on here so I'm hoping someone can help...
I've got a dinner party tonight and have bought Morrisons raw prawns (pre-packaged) - they're shelled already but have got those sort of dark lines on the underside - do I need to remove it?
I've checked the instructions on the back which doesn't mention anything other than cooking instructions... but I've got a sneaky feeling that this black thing shouldn't be there?
Any help...??
Thank you!
I've got a dinner party tonight and have bought Morrisons raw prawns (pre-packaged) - they're shelled already but have got those sort of dark lines on the underside - do I need to remove it?
I've checked the instructions on the back which doesn't mention anything other than cooking instructions... but I've got a sneaky feeling that this black thing shouldn't be there?
Any help...??
Thank you!
0
Comments
-
sup to you, its their digestive tract , and whether you remove it or not depends on how lazy you are, and how much you are bothered about it.0
-
So it's not an absolute no-no to cook them with it?
Might have a go at removing a couple and see how long it's going to take me...
Darn dinner party - always so hard when you're trying to impress people!
0 -
Hi beebuzz,
The black vein you can see is the intestine which is usually removed when the prawns are being shelled. It won't do you any harm or affect the taste of the prawns. However some people can be a bit funny about it and as you're cooking for a dinner party you may want to pick it out using your nails or a c0cktail stick.
Pink0 -
Thank you - black bits successfully removed from the prawns...
Now I just need to worry about my summer pudding... Why I ever thought to try 3 new recipes all in the same meal I'll never know. :rolleyes:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards