Limited Free Internet Access

Options
I am fortunate to be employeds with a employer who has good internet access for employees and a good fire wall and other internet deterents.

I do all my online work from my office and no longer have the internet at home.

My only problem was when not at work how can I access my emails and do online activities?

My local library has free internet access for 1 hour every day for persons registered with the library. This is adequate for me and when not at work I visit my local library to access the internet.

Their systems are more stringent than mine were with fire walls etc. always updated.

If you do not require the internet at unsocial hours this library option might be right for you and save you upwards of £10 per month.

Has anyone experienced problems using a library service?

Comments

• fahimh
    Options
    sometimes the access is very slow. it depends on which library you go to. also u may have to book if all pc's are being used. in that case read a book
  • elvis_bloggs
    Options
    Can one take tea and butties to the library. 1a_y_tongue.gif
  • M223_2
    Options
    Until a few months ago when I finally got a computer at home with internet access, I used my Library computer regularly and was very happy with everything there. At one point the internet access was very slow for a week or so, but they fixed it fairly quickly.

I'm fortunate to live in a fairly rural location, so usually was able to get on no problem, but there is also a booking system. If nobody was waiting to get on, I could stay on as long as I liked!

When I was learning, I went to classes run by the library which I found great.

The staff were always very helpful when I wasn't sure how to do anything, as long as they had time to do so.

I still occasionally go in and use the library one for a short time.

I'd definitely reccomend the Library! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure