We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Has anyone tried Wizz Oxi powder?

Hi,

I'm not sure of the exact name of the product but it's a powdered oxy bleach by Wizz. It's a lot cheaper than Vanish or Tesco's oxy powders and was wondering if it's any good?

I use soap nuts for my laundry but would like to have something to add for really tough stains.

Thanks!
Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185

Comments

  • Sweetpeanut
    Sweetpeanut Posts: 267 Forumite
    just the same as oxy and the like, for tough stains i use stardrops;) hth x
    • whoops!! sealed pot opened!!! for holiday stuff, £360, an i BLEW it:D
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    That's great, thanks Sweetpeanut! :T It's so much cheaper than the other brands but didn't want to waste money on a dud! I've heard so much about Stardrops and would love to try them but I haven't seen them in any supermarkets in Dublin. Next time I'm up north I must have a look.
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

    Frugal Living Challenge 2011

    Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Don't think that Stardrops is available here NB...if I find any will let you know....

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Louey1111
    Louey1111 Posts: 13 Forumite
    I use Wizz Oxi powder and it does the job for me :)
    0 - £11,000K challenge - £227.66/£11,000
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Thanks Marie, and ditto for me. It seems to be such a hit on these boards that I'm considering asking an English aunt to bring me some next time she's over - she'll think I'm mad!

    Cheers for that Louey - after all, it's only a bargain if it works!
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

    Frugal Living Challenge 2011

    Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Uniform Washer Name Dropper
    It worked for me on blood.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Thanks Ally :beer:, I have blood on a sleeve from a cut elbow and I've been thinking the soap nuts might not be enough. I'll soak it and pick up some Wizz (sounds funny!) to use on it tomorrow.

    I'm hoping that between the Wizz, a big bag of soap nuts, one box of Tesco concentrated washing powder for really manky stuff and a 5L bottle of vinegar I won't need to buy any more laundry stuff for the rest of the year.
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

    Frugal Living Challenge 2011

    Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • i use wizz oxy stain spray and it works a treat - cant get OH's curry stains out any other way!!! lol
    It only takes a second to say 'Thanks, you just saved me a few quid!'

    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge June
    Toiletries used up- 4 Makeup used up- 2
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Thanks Thisuseridistakenagain (like your user name!). That's good to know as I'm a very messy eater! I got a big tub of the powder yesterday so will get the chance to check it out soon - now all I've to do is find some stained laundry! :D
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

    Frugal Living Challenge 2011

    Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.