Courts Clearance Sale

Options
Heard and read that Courts are having a one day sale to get rid of as much stock as possible... been trying to call my two local stores but currently no answer.

Anyone had any luck here or been to Courts today?

Comments

• whoop-dee-doo
    Options
    Could be because they don't open till 10.00
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know where we can obtain a list of stores?
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    I saw a news item on the BBC this morning about Courts. They said that at the moment they are working their way round each store individualy to see what the situation is.

Here are the problems (and reasons why the stores might not open today)

1. Some staff have quit meaning that there aren't enough staff left in the store to be able to service customers, and
    2. First dibs on the stock that is left goes to the existing customers first, ie, those who have paid for goods already. If what they ordered is in stock, then it is theirs.
    3. Don't expect knock down prices. I was given the impression that they won't heavily knock prices down.

In otherwords don't expect your local courts to be open today, and even if they are for the prices to be very cheap.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • chriswilton
    Options
    Just been down to my local one - Slough. A few decent discounts but nothing to shout about - a lot of their goods are overpriced IMO.

The sale is not one day - it goes on till the 20th Feb, but they only sell what is in the store on that day, so when floorspace becomes available, they put whatever else is in their warehouse there, so there's no chance of ordering something in a different colour for instance.

Look at yell.co.uk for where your local stores are.

Maybe worth going during Feb when they're getting really desperate.
  • Going_Digital
    Options
    We looked at mattresses and found they were silly prices to start with. £600 for a double mattress reduced to £250. Well I found at least 3 places selling the same one for £200 as their normal price. Not surprised that they went under if they think people will be fooled by these fake prices.
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    We looked at mattresses and found they were silly prices to start with. £600 for a double mattress reduced to £250. Well I found at least 3 places selling the same one for £200 as their normal price. Not surprised that they went under if they think people will be fooled by these fake prices.

in it funny the brands that overinflate prices are always millions and billions in debt?

BT
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • walter_plinge
    Options
    Went to my local Courts at lunchtime today. Only letting in 2 invited customers at a time i.e. ones who have paid deposits. Everything I could see from the window was marked as 10% off. Had bouncers on the door!
    Regards,
    wally.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A pack of wild horses couldn't drag me into Courts to buy anything, even if they gave it to me for free.

They've gone bust because they been in the business too long of selling dated, nasty, over priced furniture that nobody wants. They should've visited IKEA a bit more often, to get a few ideas and to see what all the fuss is about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure