First line services - i got my money back!!!!!

Options
:beer:

If you are trying to reclaim administration fees from
First Line Services, please do not give up.

I had to threaten them with legal action and set them a deadline to respond by. This seemed to do the trick.

They have finally paid me back my £99 admin fee.

So do keep plugging away and make sure you send your letters by recorded or special delivery directly to the MD himself. That way you have a track and trace on when your letters were signed for -

Mr Anthony Winchester
MANAGING DIRECTOR

:T

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have effectively blackmailed them into refunding the money.

If you feel it was justified then fair enough but if you are just trying it on then it becomes a moral issue.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • natweststaffmember
    natweststaffmember Posts: 12,063 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »

If you feel it was justified then fair enough but if you are just trying it on then it becomes a moral issue.
    Do you know who firstline are btw?
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Do you know who firstline are btw?

No. The OP didnt state who they were. A guess would be broker or secured loan provider but havent got a clue.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • serious_saver
    serious_saver Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are a company who cold call individuals, claiming that people are due money back from morgages, insurance etc and offering to deal with it for a one off fee. The money never arrives and individuals are left £99 worse off.
  • Sparkly_B
    Sparkly_B Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »

..............what on earth are you going on about? :rotfl:

It is my legal right to cancel this contract within 7 days. First Line Services even sent me the relevant paperwork if I changed my mind and wanted to cancel. I signed and returned the paperwork but they clearly had no intentions of refunding my money. Hence my threat of legal action.
  • serious_saver
    serious_saver Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Sparkly B. You did the right thing and have shown that people don't have to put up with being conned or ripped off by people like First line services. I hope this encourages more people to stick up for their rights!!!
  • dunstonh
    Options
    They are a company who cold call individuals, claiming that people are due money back from morgages, insurance etc and offering to deal with it for a one off fee. The money never arrives and individuals are left £99 worse off.

Ahh, thats alright then and good news in this case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure