Makro Card query

Options
My daughter has her own business and has a Makro card and she's offered to let me borrow the card to do a big shop if I want to.But I'm not sure whether I could use the card in her absence or do they insist she is present as they do security checks etc.I dont want to look stupid going on my own when I can wait a few days and go with her.Can anyone help?

Lesleyxx

Comments

• keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 May 2009 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Hi, its ok to use relatives card at Makro. At the entrance desk you hand over the card to be swiped to check to see if it is still valid, it is handed back to you ( no questions or anything ) , you do your shop and then at the checkout you hand the card over again to swipe again. As long as you pay by cash or credit card thats it. I suppose if you wanted to pay by cheque they might notice a different name on the cheque. My Daughter uses mine and has never had any problems.Makro are not the cheapest for all shopping , I tend to just shop there for offers etc. in their brochure. * I should point out that it is ok as long as this is used at the store that it was originally registered at/ normally used at . If it is used at another store even the card holder normally has to show proof of i.d.*
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    she could get you an additional card in your name .
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thing to remember is that Makro prices in store are excluding VAT - VAT is added at the tills so add 15% to the price before you consider it a bargain.
  • AnxiousMum
    AnxiousMum Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can have up to 12 cards on a single account at Makro. I got mine while chair of a school pta, and was able to get 11 other cards for staff members, other pta members who might go there. We did legitimately use it for pta functions - buying sweets, drinks, catering supplies etc. I'm glad the headteacher has let me hold onto it though - I have a large family so I do use it quite a bit for certain items.
  • Greatgimp
    Greatgimp Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    Thing to remember is that Makro prices in store are excluding VAT - VAT is added at the tills so add 15% to the price before you consider it a bargain.
    Subject to VAT being applicable to what you are buying, of course. Basic foods are VAT free.
  • Stowmum_2
    Stowmum_2 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    How do you add extra people to it? xx
    :heart: A Mother Is Someone Who Lets Her Heart Run Around Beyond Her Body..... :iloveyou:
    :heart: Mummy Of Two & Bride Too Be August 2011. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport