We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Darken/age brass?

How do I do this? I'm buying a fold out dining table that has shiny brass hinges that I want to disguise a little as I don't like them. Only other option is a table runner/cloth, which I'm also not too keen on.....



Thank you in advance
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Comments

  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    If it's untreatred brass it will tarnish in time. Chances are that it's lacquered to prevent this, though ;)

    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Is it possible to remove the lacquer do you think?
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.