Spectacles

Options
I Hope this is the right place for the thread, please move if need be

I work for a IT company so I get my Eye Test paid for, I know I will need some glasses but they are so expensive!

Where is the best/cheapest places to get your specs from, I am quite vain so will need some nice ones to appeal to my vain side!!!

Comments

• june1970_2
    june1970_2 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    i get mine at boots, they do some nices glasses and you collect points.
  • spingers
    spingers Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I use glassesdirect which I found on a link from an earlier article on this site. They are very fast and very helpful if you ring them. I ordered the cheapest pair I could ( I have a baby who grabs glasses!) they were £17.50 including delivery and was so impressed I ordered another slightly nicer pair. They have quite a wide range and do include designer. As long as you get your measurements correct and your prescription typed in properly you can't really go wrong. I'd recommend going to a high street opticians, choosing the frame that suits your face and ordering them this site.
    I'm sitting here now in my new memory metal, light as a feather glasses, which turned up this morning and it makes me feel like I have got one over on everyone I know who pays a small fortune for glasses.
  • piptiddlepip
    Options
    Glasses Direct are brilliant and they saved me an absolute fortune - much cheaper than SpecSavers. But as spingers says, check your measurements first. I had to make double sure I did as I have quite a narrow head (!) so ordinary glasses often swamp me.
    Debt Free Nerd #310
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    if this is your first pair, id go to an opticion to pick them in order to get them fitted properly, plus they can give advice on what suits you.
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • maloogalooga
    Options
    i think asda is great for glasses-got 2 pairs (minus a voucher)for about 20 quid-and they straightened another pair out for me for free-and gave me a free case to take them home in!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure