Archos AV400 £289.99  ( save £110)

Options
Archos MP3 / MP4 video player and recorder
AV400 ( aka AV420 as its the 20GB version)

This years "must have gadget " at £110 less than the normal High St price,

see how in my referrers link
http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Referrers;action=display;num=1103143211;start=0#0
(uses dixons and a voucher code- aimed for customers going via certain affiliate sites - also gives link to earn another £4.35 cashback)
Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    That's a different product. The one that it is posted allows the user to record tv.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    and actually allows you to legally record protected DVDs
    ( or so I am lead to believe- from when QVC had them- they are selling the 80GB version with Accessory pack for £798 !! )
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    Options
    No need to apologise Alan-
    the product you mention is interesting and smaller - albeit with more limited functions . I actually did consider it before going for the AV400 -
    The ability to record directly onto the AV400 from TV and appears DVD is what swayed it

Checking on Dealtime for  the AV420 , actually shows that the deal  I quoted is really good (318.74 lowest price it mentions - not sure if PP included)
  • payless
    Options
    Mine came yesterday

Notice whilst price is still the same they have now removed the free delivery option
  • loafer_2
    loafer_2 Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    And I bet your still playing with it.
  • payless
    Options
    Missus took it off me before I could open it ! :(
    (Xmas pressie)
  • Mr_Gordon_2
    Options
    I bought the 80Gb of the AV400 a couple of weeks ago when QVC had it on as Today Special Value. It's a lovely piece of kit dispite the bad reviews I read on Amazon. Although the negative comments were based on the player giving up after a couple of weeks, so I could be giving it the thumbs up too soon.

The only thing I found so far is that it can only play MPEG4, and not MPEG1 or 2. So any video clips you have will need to be converted. Perfect for DIVX though, if I could actually get an encoder which works first time.

The feel of the hardware is very sturdy and nicely finished.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure