We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Barclays Credit Card
BenBar
Posts: 22 Forumite
Here goes.
Trying to reduce the final amount of my debt before increasing it by getting a morgage!
However I had an account with Barclays Credit Card had a high credit limit with them. My 0% offer came to an end so I moved it to Tesco Credit Card (a tart I know). Then I reduced my credit limit to £1000.00 on the Barclays card to help my profile and for security.
Now the Tesco one is coming to an end and I got a 'cheque' through the post from Barclays for another 0% offer. So I ask them to increase the limit to £2500 so I can transfer the balance back to them and they say no they can only give me a £1500 credit limit!! Even though my previous limit was close to £10 000!!
Great credit history - never missed a payment etc etc.
Iratating though - I guess they cottoned on to the fact that they are not going to make money out of me!!
Trying to reduce the final amount of my debt before increasing it by getting a morgage!
However I had an account with Barclays Credit Card had a high credit limit with them. My 0% offer came to an end so I moved it to Tesco Credit Card (a tart I know). Then I reduced my credit limit to £1000.00 on the Barclays card to help my profile and for security.
Now the Tesco one is coming to an end and I got a 'cheque' through the post from Barclays for another 0% offer. So I ask them to increase the limit to £2500 so I can transfer the balance back to them and they say no they can only give me a £1500 credit limit!! Even though my previous limit was close to £10 000!!
Great credit history - never missed a payment etc etc.
Iratating though - I guess they cottoned on to the fact that they are not going to make money out of me!!
0
Comments
-
I guess it's better to have £1500 at 0% though than it all at a high % however could you not transfer the rest to another 0% card. Of course if you just say you'll close your account if they don't give you the limit then they will probably cave.0
-
Probably best in the credit card forum this one though they might be able to give you better advice.0
-
Thanks Toontastic
I have just called them and asked for a manager to call me otherwise I will close the account. Did not want another search on my name for a new credit card, but have just got a good offer from the Abbey.
Thanks0 -
Great. They could have helped you but they didn't. You have done the right thing moving as there is no point being loyal to a bank. They are just in it for the money.Barclaycard 3800
Nothing to do but hibernate till spring
0 -
isn't there a 2% charge for use of the cheques?EU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances0 -
Hi Clapton
There were 2 one is free for 6.4% life of balance and the 2nd is 0% for 6 months with a 2% charge. I do not know of any FOC BTs unless you have a current account with the bank and pay in your salary - but I may be mistaken.0 -
I think the PO card is still 0% BT for 6 months and fee free. If you look on the credit card forum there's a sticky with a list of the best fee free 0% BT cards.CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 0420
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards