Trying to repair credit report - help needed!!

Hi
This is my first time on here but was the only place I could think of to get some honest help and advice!! I got in a few problems in my late teens / early twenties kept getting credit cards/loans/store cards I know it was all my own fault but they kept offering and I kept accepting!! When I was about 22 I decided that I needed to go to Uni to sort my life out and after YEARS of hiding from my debts and not telling anyone I had to face up to my debts which was really hard I had to be honest about the mess I got myself into with my parents!! We all discussed it and as I owed around £18,000 they thought the best thing would be bankruptcy so this is what we done. After a year I received a letter asking about my income/outgoings to see if I was able to repay any of this debt, as I was only working part time while at Uni I couldnt and it was discharged about 2 years ago. Left Uni last May and couldnt find a job due to recession so continued working part time but have FINALLY just got a job and want to buy a house with my boyfriend. I have looked into my credit report and have the following questions:

1.I lived with a friend for 6 months and her addresses are now on my report as we had a joint account for bills and stuff - does this matter??

2. There are 2 things which should have been 'satisfied' with my bankruptcy - what can i do about this?

3. If the bankruptcy has been discharged should it still be on my credit report? (it is)

4. There is a CCJ on my account from 2004 is there anything I can do about this?

I am trying to get it all sorted so I can move my life forward I have learnt a massive lesson since the bankruptcy and am soooooo careful with money I even have savings which is unbelievable to myself and everyone who knows me!!

I really appreciate ANY help anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    your credit file is blighted for 6 years either way, and even then your not a good risk.
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    1.I lived with a friend for 6 months and her addresses are now on my report as we had a joint account for bills and stuff - does this matter??

Not to you, but it may well to her if your reports are linked.

They may want to submit "notice of dissociation" to the credit reference agencies if they are.

2. There are 2 things which should have been 'satisfied' with my bankruptcy - what can i do about this?

See this link: Credit Reference File Clean Up Post Bankruptcy

3. If the bankruptcy has been discharged should it still be on my credit report? (it is)

Yes. It remains on your report for six years from the date of the bankruptcy order.

4. There is a CCJ on my account from 2004 is there anything I can do about this?

No. That stays on your report. That will drop off in 2010 before your bankruptcy does, so it not a concern really.

Hope that helps. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure