tesco clubcard need ideas please

Options
Does any1 know of any wat to boost my clubcard points within the next month i am planned to take oh`s son to flamingo land and the only deal i can find is 3 for 2 altho would like to save more i currently have 177 points would like to make this 250 any ideas please

Comments

• jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    Does any1 know of any wat to boost my clubcard points within the next month i am planned to take oh`s son to flamingo land and the only deal i can find is 3 for 2 altho would like to save more i currently have 177 points would like to make this 250 any ideas please

buy more shopping? you need to buy 83 pounds worth to get to that total
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    open a new email online account for tesco shopping, fill your basket with £50 - use a lot of the BOGOF deals and use the codes for £10 off and 750 points. This equates to free shopping when you need the points deal (£30).

See the tesco stickys in the discount/codes forum.
  • MickMun
    MickMun Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Also Clubcard plus for in the long run if you want to increase points.
  • nuttygirl2105
    Options
    She only needs £73 worth not £83 but it's still quite a lot considering we must be close to the cut off date for earning points for this quarter. Try using vouchers in your local Tesco, if they take vouchers then seperate your shopping into 2 or 3 lots and pay for as much as you can with vouchers. Even when some of it's paid for with vouchers you still get the full amount of points! To continue that tip, Nestle Pic A Pac cereals are about £1.20 and usually have between £1.75 and £2 worth of vouchers which you can then use on your next shop, just push each of the boxes down slightly to see if they have cut off lines, if they do then they have the vouchers! Free cereal plus the vouchers have a higher value than the product so it's earning you about 55p (in vouchers) to buy the product!

Just remember to look up the rules for using vouchers on mse first so you're following them;)

Some Tescos have the rule that not only is it 1 green point per bag but 2 if it's a bag for life, just don't put too little in the bags but using the bags for life is an easy way to up your points.

Hope this helps:A
  • LumpyCustard_2
    Options
    Unfortunately I think it's too late for May vouchers now; any earned will go towards the August mailing.
  • MickMun
    MickMun Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    As said today would probably be the last day for points before the cut off. If you use itunes, in my local store you can buy a £15 voucher and you also get 150 bonus points.
  • bevvy
    bevvy Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think today is the last date to gain points for May mailing, after that the points won't be issued until August.
    If you are needing them before august, have a look on ebay, there is always loads for sale, the seller usually converts them to the deal vouchers you want and I think they usually sell for approx 1/2 the price of the deal value (or double the face value of the clubcard vouchers) eg £10 clubcard voucher worth £40 in deals sells for approx £20. Not quite as good as having your own vouchers but it will work out that you are only paying 1/2 price entry. Also not sure how many of you are going but if you are paying in 'deals' you can't buy the family ticket, it needs to be full price admission prices @£23 each.
    Hope this makes sense.
  • sweepster
    sweepster Posts: 448 Forumite
    Options
    Did you know if you buy 2 inkjet cartridges cheapest ones i think just under £3 each you get 250 pts. This offer on till end of july.
    sweepyxx
    Aim to be mortgage free by 2017
    MFW 2016 overpayments here we go again £10000
    :T:T:T:T:T
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you can also get points if you recycle your old ink cartridges.. I know you used to be able to, but haven't done it for while so check on their website.

Maybe you have some empty cartridges at work?
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    I think you can also get points if you recycle your old ink cartridges.. I know you used to be able to, but haven't done it for while so check on their website.

Maybe you have some empty cartridges at work?

This has become quite hit & miss in my experience, I sent off our empty six weeks ago but the points still have not appeared :confused:
    (I did check before posting & it was on their list of cartridges they accept.)

They also give points on old mobiles.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family