statutory sick pay

Options
my hubby off work as just come out of hospital, all he gets is £63.00 aweek, which will not pay our bills. what benefits can we get as i work 32 hours aweek. he will be off work for 6 weeks or more. have been to bank to ask if they could help as have a personnal loan with them and a credit card. but they have said no we have to pay. can someone help as to what benefits we can apply for.

statutory sick pay 1 vote

what benefits can we get
0% 0 votes
what can we do if the bank will not help
100% 1 vote

Comments

• CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are we supposed to Vote on this??
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,599 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What Benefits ?? Well Statutory Sick Pay. If I'd come out of hospital I'd be grateful to be out & alive (as happenned to me 3 times last year).

Dunno about you but I find just a visit to hospital leaves me feeling I really must stop moaning about my little problems - money, relatives, the price of beer - and enjoy some life while I can.

Cheers & Best Wishes to all, including those who don't agree with me..

Lodger
  • POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2009 at 12:41PM
    Options
    I dont believe there are any. Did you have any PPI with your credit cards? if so then you can claim from them But if you have no health insurance or any work sick pay scheme,then that is that i think. Try asking at a benefits office maybe?:confused:

Ps I know you have questions,but you dont need to post it as a poll.That is for us to vote on something,to give our view on a subject.
    Just asking in a normal post will get your answers,although some maybe a little crass and blunt,so beware!;)
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    winn wrote: »
    my hubby off work as just come out of hospital, all he gets is £63.00 aweek, which will not pay our bills. what benefits can we get as i work 32 hours aweek. he will be off work for 6 weeks or more. have been to bank to ask if they could help as have a personnal loan with them and a credit card. but they have said no we have to pay. can someone help as to what benefits we can apply for.

I'm by no means an expert on this but I'd talk to the council about benefits / tax relief for housing & council tax, and speak to the social security people to ensure that you're claiming all the benefits you can in that regard.

This is the sort of thing that the CAB might be able to help with advice on, too.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport