Home Buying Problem!!!

People I need some advice!

I currently have my own house but I am looking to move in with my girlfriend very shortly - PROBLEM - My house is worth approx £10k less that what I owe on it! ARGHHH!!! What should I do? I was thinking of keeping my house (which is too small for us both to live in) and giving her some money to put towards a deposit so that she can buy somewhere for us in her name. - or - would it be possible for me to be able to get another mortgage with her as well as the one I currently have?

All advice appreciated!
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Replies

• dimbo61dimbo61 Forumite
    12.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY is your home too small for both of you to live in
    Have you been to Japan they live in tiny flats or even tubes ( 4 feet diameter X 7 feet long)
    You have a house which is in negative equity so live there and overpay the mortgage each month.
    You are unlikely to get a second mortgage without a deposit ( at least 10/15% ) so if you have that sort of money pay a lump sum off the mortgage.
    clear some of your junk out of the house and if she loves you ask her to move in and try living together.
    2 incomes are better than one and you can overpay the mortgage and build up a big deposit for your next home or the big white wedding.
  • TayusTayus Forumite
    313 Posts
    Thanks for your reply,

So if I manage to pay off a lot of the mortgage and build up a big deposit i'll still be able to get a 2nd mortgage?
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News