asda Payment Issue

Hi all sorry if in wrong place,

Ok on the 23/4/09 I received an email from asda saying

Dear customer

We've identified that one of the orders we delivered to you in early
March has not been submitted to your bank for payment.

To correct this, we'll be resubmitting the payment to your bank on
Friday 24th April.

We're sorry this delay has happened, and apologise for any inconvenience
that's been caused.

The Asda.com team

Now I emailed them back to ask them to tell me when this was and for how much .. and untill then i dont give them permission to take any money ,
they emailed back
Dear Miss ******

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry ASDA gave you cause for concern regarding payment for your Home
Shopping order.

Normally we debit your payment card on the day of delivery. Due to a
technical issue, which only came to light this week, your order was not sent
for payment on the day of delivery and the amount is still outstanding.
We'll resubmit the request to your card issuer to bring your Home Shopping
account up-to-date.

I apologise for any inconvenience we have caused you, I hope it doesn’t
deter you from shopping with us again.

Kind regards

Nazley Allom
ASDA Home Shopping
Which i emailed back again asking for details of how much and which date,

but no reply . now today when i went to get money out for kids school dinners and bus fare their was no money on my account and it was overdrawen .. they put the payment through still which was for £58 now i will get chared for going over drawen and have no money for kids untill end of week,

Please and advice would be great ,,

Thank you

Kaz

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    First of all I would check that the money was still owed to them;

Then I would be complaining to them long and loud that they didn't have the courtesy to respond to you and tell you how much they were taking from the bank and when, so that you had no chance to allow for the unexpected expense. Tell them of the difficulties they had caused re school dinners and bus fare, and ask that they make a refund to cover the od charge too. Very bad communication on their part! HTH :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • ~~Diane~~
    ~~Diane~~ Posts: 770
    First Post
    Forumite
    Also as well as the previous posters advice, give your bank a call and explain that you hadn't given your permission for the money to come out of your account and they may wave the bank charges, I had a payment come from my account this week that I'd completely forgotten about and had a charge added so phoned the bank and they kindly waved the fee, otherwise it would have been a £35 charge for going over by £2.

Good Luck
    2011 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £743.32
    2012 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £250 ~ saved £435.75
    2013 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £300 ~ saved £521
    2014 Sealed Pot Challenge #1238 hoping for £400 ~ saved
  • ciskaz
    ciskaz Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thank you for you replies .. I cant cheak if i owed them anything as they wont even tell me the date. they havn't replie to my email which i sent them .. now i am not saying i wont pay i just need to no when and how much so i could get the money together, i am gonna try and phone their head office today and see what they say, but i had to borrow money just for my eldest to get lunch today and the other to little ones i made a lunch for with bits but i should have had to do this :( will phone bank too and see what they say .. thanks again for help :)
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I would speak to your bank and get the payment cancelled as it was taken without permission or proper notice, then let Asda chase you.

Don't phone, submit a full written complaint - e-mailing you is not proper notice as you might not check your account regularly AND they didn't prove you owed the money (amount and date) AND they didn't reply to your e-mails properly.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • ciskaz
    Thats a good idea Thank you , gonna phone bank tomorrow, and see what they say , didnt get time to do anything today :( not been well lol . but i will not let this lie,
  • ciskaz
    ok just spoke to bank and they wont do nothing, they said as it was owed to them they had the right to take it , which i thing is wrong in a way yes i would have payed when i knew when and how much , they said i have to take it up with them , but how can i when they wont talk to me no replies from emails and when you phone they say plz hold and cut you off, and of course it is an 0845 number so it costs you more to keep ringing,. ok dont know what to do,

dont think i have a leg to stand on know :(
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 April 2009 at 9:49AM
    You could write to Asda head office - address is here

put down all the details, including the fact that you've been trying to contact them by phone, and couldn't get through.

maybe address the letter to Head of Customer Services or something similar? and also ask them to send you a copy of their Complaints Procedure.

I would give them a couple of weeks to respond satisfactorily, and if they don't I would start the process of a formal complaint through their procedures.

It almost seems that they are trying to make it difficult for customers to get in touch, but I'm rather stubborn I'm afraid, so I wouldn't give up on this :cool: They are way out of order with their standard of customer service and communication.

good luck if you decide to carry on with it.
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • DB9
    DB9 Posts: 117 Forumite
    I would check my order confirmation email from Asda. Check from the begining of March and see if you have an order for £58. If it shows this order check your bank statements and see if it had been taken. :)
  • ciskaz
    LOl they have locked my account went to sign in at asda's and couldn't it says plz ring us on the 0845 number ..
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    0500 100055 freephone Asda number, [ Customer services --
    0113 number bypasses the menu] although snail mail letters in duplicate sent to two different departments seem to have the best results imo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure