We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Thankyou
ab7167
Posts: 680 Forumite
I just wanted to day thankyou to all who post on here.
I have never posted an SOA, but I have been following all the threads on here for about 6 months now, and they have all inspired me to make inroads into my debt. As a result I am now feeling very positive about the future, as my OH has no debt, and I alwys felt so bad about mine. The inspiration for this post was my overall debt going below £4000 for the first time in about 8 years, which was liberating and exhilarating.
I have reduced all my bills, and darling OH let me keep all the savings for my debts (we pay pro-rata to wages into a joint account - he kept his payments the same, and mine went down by whatever I could save!) - am about to switch my mobile when my extortionate contract comes up at the end of the month, and started keeping a budget.
My debt was always in the back of my mind, not quite sleepless night scearios, as I could always make the minimum payments. But then we bought a house, and I guess it is a familiar story from there on in, I won't bore you all! But my biggest thanks to everyone for the fact that I now face a debt free future within 2 years (apart from the mortgage). I never thought that would happen, all my friends live in their overdraft and CC, but since I started doing this - some of them are now tackling it themselves, so we are all in it together, which does make it easier.
That's all,
Ali
I have never posted an SOA, but I have been following all the threads on here for about 6 months now, and they have all inspired me to make inroads into my debt. As a result I am now feeling very positive about the future, as my OH has no debt, and I alwys felt so bad about mine. The inspiration for this post was my overall debt going below £4000 for the first time in about 8 years, which was liberating and exhilarating.
I have reduced all my bills, and darling OH let me keep all the savings for my debts (we pay pro-rata to wages into a joint account - he kept his payments the same, and mine went down by whatever I could save!) - am about to switch my mobile when my extortionate contract comes up at the end of the month, and started keeping a budget.
My debt was always in the back of my mind, not quite sleepless night scearios, as I could always make the minimum payments. But then we bought a house, and I guess it is a familiar story from there on in, I won't bore you all! But my biggest thanks to everyone for the fact that I now face a debt free future within 2 years (apart from the mortgage). I never thought that would happen, all my friends live in their overdraft and CC, but since I started doing this - some of them are now tackling it themselves, so we are all in it together, which does make it easier.
That's all,
Ali
The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind
Getting married 19th August 2011 to a lovely, lovely man :-)
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards