We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Took a bit debt to (hopefully) change my attitude for life...
MoneySavingSapphire_:D
Posts: 120 Forumite
Maybe I have no right to be on this board as, as far as things go, I'm not in much debt, or in trouble with it at all. I'm currently in my second year of studying for an english degree, and last year, like most people, took out my student loan without a thought. I spent it (as I live at home so no rent!) on going out, food, shoes - actually not much at all, yet I was also always at the end of my £1000 overdraft until the next installment came in. Anyway, I've been lurking on these boards for ages, and the sane and level headed responses and attitudes of you lot really make me feel >slaps forehead< for not worrying about my student loan - it doesn't really feel like debt at all - but it is, I'm in three grand of debt with nothing to show for it and no excuse. I didn't get my loan for this year - mainly because I didn't send the forms off, but was so tempted to borrow the money from them for the cost of the laptop - its too easy! Anyway, last month I got rid of my overdraft facility, and was £10 in credit on paypay - not overdrawn. This month will hopefully be even better! I'm now angry with myself for being in debt at all when I really don't need to be and shouldn't be - its only small, but its £3000 + interest of my future earnings down the drain before I even start!
I really think my actual attitude to and relationship with money has changed - and its partly - ok, quite a lot! - down to these boards. So I don't know if it means anything, but you may have helped stop a potential debtor in her tracks before she got any further
And good luck to everyone on here as well... xxx
>Pauses for breath<
I really think my actual attitude to and relationship with money has changed - and its partly - ok, quite a lot! - down to these boards. So I don't know if it means anything, but you may have helped stop a potential debtor in her tracks before she got any further
And good luck to everyone on here as well... xxx
>Pauses for breath<
Returning MoneySaver, now furiously saving for a house deposit...
0
Comments
-
Well done. If only I'd have the advice and information posted on the MSE website when I was a student then I doubt if I'd have ended up in as much debt as I did.
Good luck with the rest of the studies and continue to be money savvy where you can.0 -
well done :T :j :TThought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel....Then got hit by a train! :A
Lightbulb Feb 2006
Debt free Nov 20110 -
I did the same
Dont feel too bad about it there are lots of people who have done the same and are in much worse situations
Good luck with your second year0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
