We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mad moneysaving dreams?
in*the*red_6
Posts: 474 Forumite
At risk of me sounding like a complete nutter I thought I'd share this. I think debt free wannabe must have really penetrated my subconscious as I'm starting to dream about money related things now...
The other day I dreamt that I'd got three £2 coins for the savers club and was really excited. Last night's was even better though, I dreamt I'd slapped my husband round the face for spending unnecessary money! In my dream he'd bought 4 cappucinos in one day which cost 8 quid. He doesn't even like cappucinos!
Am I going completely mad, is anyone else dreaming about things like this?
:rotfl:
The other day I dreamt that I'd got three £2 coins for the savers club and was really excited. Last night's was even better though, I dreamt I'd slapped my husband round the face for spending unnecessary money! In my dream he'd bought 4 cappucinos in one day which cost 8 quid. He doesn't even like cappucinos!
Am I going completely mad, is anyone else dreaming about things like this?
:rotfl:
0
Comments
-
Nah you have gone crazy I am afraid! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You need to be carted off to the room with all the cushioned walls! Of course I am sure that you will be dreaming that they are made with cushions that were bought as part of a buy one get one free offer from the local market :rotfl:
Nah, I think it shows that you are obviously very involved in the old moneysaving
:money:
Steve0 -
Balmy! LOL ;-)0
-
Haha I think there's nothing wrong with dreaming about moneysaving
I don't want to go all psychobabble on anyone, but maybe after all these years of wasting money your subconscious feels so bad that it's trying to make you feel better by "think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts!!"
:rotfl: 
I think committed moneysavers (no pun intended) will do some pretty crazy things anyway. This month I dug a vegetable patch in the back garden (much to my housemates non-amusal) and became an ad-hoc plumber and drained the entire water system so I could fix the toilet cistern. Ask me to do that a year ago and I would have run away screaming :-\
Besides in this world where you're being pumped full of messages like it's the norm to be in debt, loans are a (wo)mans best friend, newer is always better and keeping up with the Jones' is the most important past-time since knitting; you've got to be a little crazy to realise that it's not right.
Out of Tom and Barbara Good or Jerry and Margo Leadbetter - who are really the crazy ones?0 -
I had a dream only last week about £2 coins. I'd got 3 in my dream and when I woke up the next morning I sat down and thought Oh I must put those coins in the pot and out of my purse before i spend them, then I realised it was only a dream - Gutted!
Ps if your mad, I am too, but at least we are savvy and going to be debt free sooner rather than later xMay 2015 £10 a day currently £2080 -
I had a crazy dream a couple of nights ago that I found my dream house which had everything I wanted and 5 bedrooms in it and it was only going for £33k. The drawback was it was in the middle of the red light district in Yarmouth (I hate Great Yarmouth). If that came true I dont know what decision I'd make.2008 Comping ChallengeWon so far - £3010 Needed - £230Debt free since Oct 20040
-
I've been dreaming of collecting £2 coins!!! Being really chuffed when I get one (more so than in real life!!)!!
I've also been dreaming about making that last payment to clear my debts!! Fireworks etc etc, I know I know, completely crazy!!! Martin was even there to congratulate me!!Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE]
ALL DONE!!
0 -
You have a house with lots of spare bedrooms in the middle of a red light district? Hehe, I don't think i'd have to think too hard before a quick money making scheme came to hand
:D:D 0 -
**purpleprincess** wrote:I've also been dreaming about making that last payment to clear my debts!! Fireworks etc etc, I know I know, completely crazy!!! Martin was even there to congratulate me!!
Love it .......... :rotfl:0 -
amosworks wrote:You have a house with lots of spare bedrooms in the middle of a red light district? Hehe, I don't think i'd have to think too hard before a quick money making scheme came to hand
:D:D
That made me laugh really outloud, thank you! :rotfl:Leason learnt :beer:0 -
The other week I dreamt I won £11,000 on a fruit machine in my local pub... which is strange because:
1. £11,000 is a helluva lot of money to win on a fruit machine
2. I've only ever played a fruit machine twice in my life
3. My local pub doesn't even have a fruit machine.
Needless to say i was gutted when I woke up to discover I was just as broke that morning as I was when I went to bed. Worse still, i'd already dreamt how I was going to spend the money... £3,000 into an ISA, the rest to clear my debts and the extra into a rainy day fund.
Gawd... even my wildest dreams are boring nowadays... moneysaving sucks...
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards