Free swimming for all (Wigan borough)

Free swimming for all in Wigan borough,just buy lifestyle card at leisure centre £1.50 a year entitles you to free swimming and reduced gym prices.
http://www.wigan.gov.uk/Services/LeisureCultureTourism/FreeSwimming.htm
:A :shocked::shocked: :A

Comments

• dazza001
    dazza001 Posts: 81 Forumite
    excellant, just rang them to ask whether I can apply (do not live in Wigan borough and they said I could) so I will go with daughter tomorrow.

Also I can just apply for the card when I am there and get free swimming
    :j
    Old pilots say "It is better to be down here Wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here."
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's good for you, hope you enjoy it :cool:

I just looked at Stoke on Trent and it seems to be only under 16's and I think pensioners. So working folk like me as usual are subsidising the rest of the country.
  • nutty1
    nutty1 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    would be great if they hadn't closed down wigan baths
  • bunn
    bunn Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    they do this in st helens too! just pick up a form from the reception! my kids have still got their cards from last year! they went nearly everyday in the summer hols!
  • Nicers
    Nicers Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    would be great if Hindley wasn't in such a rough area and Howe Bridge was open more in the evenings!! I'll stick to paying £15.99 a month at Horwich that's more flexible with it's times!!
    Nic :cool:

I think it, I say it... it's my way
  • I know, it's typical! I'm only a mile away from Wigan town centre, but don't drive, and have 3 kids and another due in 9 weeks. We would LOVE to take advantage of the free swimming...But can't get to any 'local' baths now Wigan baths has gone :mad: There's Hindley, Ashton, Howe Bridge in Leigh and Tyldesley baths nr manchester. It would probably be cheaper in busfares for us all to get a bus to Skem, and then pay to swim there!!
    If google doesn't know it, how should i?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure