Does anyone know where I stand with this?

Options
HI,

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but am hoping for advise on my situation.

I’ve been working for a company for nearly 8 years and my role has changed drastically from when I started.
I applied to be a customer service agent back in 2001 and worked in a team with about 7 other agents. In late 2002 we were brought into a meeting/presentation which advised us we could become a Sales and Service agent to sell other company products and we would get a pay rise accordingly. We had to go away and decide as a team. After consultations my team decided to remain as customer service only and we didn’t get any pay rise.
In 2003 I moved into another team which were all sales and service agents. I was offered again to change but did not do this, however it became apparent that I was doing the same job as the SS agents anyway. When I then approached my manager to change she said the scheme was now scrapped as all agents coming into the business were SS agents and I would not be offered a pay rise anyway.
In 2005 the business introduced another product which they wanted to promote. We were told to service the customer and then mention new product, but we had no real target to convert to a sale.
Fast Forward to now and of course over the last few years the targets have been introduced, upped and the pressure is on to sell sell sell!!!! I really feel that the customer service is being compromised for a sale.
The team I am in is term time so is obviously really good for a mum like me, and now the recession has hit we are underperforming. We have basically been told that the company is looking at either dispanding the team or reviewing on a yearly basis and we would only remain on it if performance was up to scratch. We have until the summer hols to be reaching our targets consistently.

I’m sorry for all the waffle, however I suppose my question is, would I have any case against the company if It went to a disaplinary for me not meeting sales targets as I have never agreed to be in sales and now they are making me sell? Is it not like asking a plumber to be an electrician?? They employed me for a customer service role.

Any advise gratefully received.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport